1377c Mods that will increase FPS?

Started by GunXpatriot, December 04, 2011, 09:41:45 AM

GunXpatriot

I was wondering endlessly about this... Anyway, I need to know about all the mods that will increase muzzle velocity...

I know that a new flat top Piston / Valve will increase velocity by quite a bit (seems like 100 fps), but who makes the best ones? I hear a lot of people get them from AC Custom Parts, but their website is down. Either that or they are no longer in business. These are two other places where I have found them...
http://www.mountainaircustomairguns.com/New_accessories_page.htm and http://mellonair.myfreesites.net/index.php?p=1_11_FT-Piston-Valves

Does anyone have any experience with these people? Who makes the better flat top pistons and valves? I want one that will give me maximum power for the valve. Also, how many times would I need to pump for maximum? Mellon's valve increases by 100 fps with 10 pumps, but what if I went further?

I understand that a flow through bolt will also increase velocity a bit. According to mellon, somewhere between 5-20 fps.

It also seems extending the barrel increases velocity significantly as well. I dont want a long barrel, but I dont mind it being longer than the stock 1377's. I dont want to go much longer though, so what would be a good length for an increase in muzzle velocity?

Is the Steel Breech from crosman required to perform these modifications? I dont mind, but just curious.

I'm really sorry to be posting so many questions, but this is really bugging me and I really just need some answers... Thanks so much for any help you can give me, because every piece of information saves me stress and also stops me from staying up until 4am to find these things out  :)

quickster47 †

When you get a chance mosey on over to the 'Introduce Yourself' thread and do that, introduce yourself.

If you really want the easy path to additional FPS then get a longer barrel, 18" to 24".  Flat top piston and a flat top valve will give you even more FPS.  Then you can also do some valve work to increase it a little more.

Roy at Mountain Air is a great guy to deal with.  He will treat you right and you will get an excellent, above average gun from him.

But then doing it yourself has all the advantages of giving you some great hands-on experience and teaching you all about your gun.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

no experience with mountainair
mellon pistons come highly recommended by a lot of people.i do mean a lot
i have one of his pistons and solid pin kits are in all my pumpers
probably has the best prices on pistons,too
nicely made and he stands behind his product!
i havent used any of his valves because i mod the valves myself
closed mouths dont get fed

pirouge

Hello folks, I've been away for awhile. Anyway, my 1789 i.e. 1377c carbine  has finally taken a crap on me, no complaints here, its been a trooper. I'm going for a flat top piston & valve,  trying to get a HONEST 600-625 fps with a 16" barrel. I'll keep you all posted on how it works out

es

Bill L.

I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

BDS

Brian

Noah

Quote from: quickster47 on December 04, 2011, 01:22:25 PM
Roy at Mountain Air is a great guy to deal with.  He will treat you right and you will get an excellent, above average gun from him.

But then doing it yourself has all the advantages of giving you some great hands-on experience and teaching you all about your gun.

Carl

Totally! Roy is a great guy, so much so, I have purchased a few guns from him over the years. To me, it is like getting a great modified Crosman right out of the box, ready to shoot with all of the bells and whistles. IMO, you can't go wrong with anything from Mountainair Custom Airguns!
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

T191032

Quote from: pirouge on January 23, 2014, 06:04:20 PM
Hello folks, I've been away for awhile. Anyway, my 1789 i.e. 1377c carbine  has finally taken a crap on me, no complaints here, its been a trooper. I'm going for a flat top piston & valve,  trying to get a HONEST 600-625 fps with a 16" barrel. I'll keep you all posted on how it works out

Hey!  :-*
Sorry to hear the Custom 1377 decided it was time for you to modify it again, but that's how our hobbies are.  ;)

"When you get a chance mosey on over to the 'Introduce Yourself' thread and do that, introduce yourself.

If you really want the easy path to additional FPS then get a longer barrel, 18" to 24".  Flat top piston and a flat top valve will give you even more FPS.  Then you can also do some valve work to increase it a little more."

Yep.  ;) 
Get all "official" and then tour the site more, there's a boatload of info here for the reading, just gotta search, sit & read it.   :D

es
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.