Anyone using this Tippman folding stock with their Crosman air pistol/carbine?

Started by Smaug, December 12, 2011, 07:56:11 PM

Smaug

So, I've got the Mellon power adjuster/stock adapter on my 1377. I went looking for a folding stock  that'd fit it and came up with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tippmann-Custom-Paintball-Folding-Stock/dp/B001OBPSMY/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1323715808&sr=1-2

Anyone got one? How are they? Not too many reviews on Amazon. A few happy guys, and one guy that seemed happy, even though he broke his while unfolding it.  :-X
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

tinker

I have one on my 1740 and really like it.  I had a M4 style stock on it before but didn't like the fit.  Makes for a nice small package when folded.  I use a Mellon adapter too.
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

quickster47 †

I have one for my P-Rod and use it when I'm going through the woods hunting.  It is surprisingly stable and a very descent stock.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

millipede

i have one on my 1322 with also using a mellon adaptor. it's pretty sweet looking and very durable. i drilled a hole through the middle so i could stick a screw driver down there and reach the power adjuster instead of having to take the whole thing off to adjust; now i just have to fold it over.

the only thing i dont like is the adaptor. its a bit loose and wobbles a bit back and forth. im thinking of adding a couple more screws to the sides of where it attaches onto the gun tube.

tjurfitta

Im thinking about getting a folding one for my prod for backpacking and general shooting. I've looked around on forums and they say it's a snug fit with an adaptor that with shipping would cost me almost as much as the stock. Oh well.

DBOdude

how does that attach to a 2400kt ?
pics would be very much appreciated  :)
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Smaug

It replaces the stock rear air tube plug.

Quote from: Booty Monster on December 14, 2011, 07:07:44 PM
how does that attach to a 2400kt ?
pics would be very much appreciated  :)
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

cshooter

A bit of waring for all who want add this stock to their setup - they are LOSE! Of course our airguns do not have any real recoil like firearms, but guys, I suppose that thing that shoot must be firmly tight on all key points like stock and so on, yes this stock folds nicely and ads compactness to your gun, but when I mount it, I got stupid feeling that I hold baguette instead of rifle stock which are made add ability hold your rifle more stable. Unfortunately this experiment fail, so I still looking for possibility to use my adapter or get rid of it and stick back to just adjuster.

cshooter

You read my mind! :o I wandering around ebay and this is one of the stocks which come into my eyes as potential replacement for lose one. Thanks for note, it's always nice to hear real experience. Would buy it soon for my tests.

As for folding stock, I keep it in mind when check surplus bazaar or collectors meetings, possibly some AK variants or other Soviet firearms side/bottom folding stock fit after some mods. As for me, I give up on side folding paintball stocks, and really wandering that anyone can accept this lose feeling on anything gun related.

SaiCo

I have one mounted on a stalled disco project. It's a lot tougher to unfold than I like. And since I installed it with a Muzzle Mac adaptor, my scope is too low. I need a way to raise my scope, and I don't think higher rings will raise it quite enough.
Anybody else get this problem? I'm open to suggestions at this point.
Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

Fronzdan

You'll have to get a riser for it. I needed to do the same for the 1377 I put the Tippmann stock on.

SaiCo

Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

markasaurus

Quote from: tjurfitta on December 14, 2011, 01:05:44 PM
Im thinking about getting a folding one for my prod for backpacking and general shooting. I've looked around on forums and they say it's a snug fit with an adaptor that with shipping would cost me almost as much as the stock. Oh well.

The only person that has them i have found, for p rod, is Jim wet marmotmilitia.  $45 is a fair price for the amount of machining he has to do but I've been holding off because of all the money involved with that mod.

I've never used the stock that came with my marauder pistol since i want to keep it pistol length.  Most people do use their p rod as a carbine

turbonoma

I have the folding stock/Jim Gaska adapter on my prod and it works ok for me. The scope does sit a bit low, so cheek position is an issue. The sks cheek rest did not work on this stock. I wound up taking it off. Now it sits in the parts bin.