2240 vs Benjamin Marauder pistol

Started by Viking, December 22, 2011, 10:26:00 PM

Viking

I have so far a unmodified 2240, but I'm in the final stage at ordering after some research.  breech, valve, longer barrel  and so on.
But now I'm thinking, what about the Benjamin Marauder pistol. It all ready have a longer barrel and PCP and a magazine, that's a big plus.
Is the Marauder pistol as easy to modify? I would still need a better valve i guess.
When you have to kill a man,
it costs nothing to be polite.
- Winston Churchill

hotshot

The 2240 is very customizable the marauder pistol imo is pretty perfect out of the box which is not surprising considering the price tag.
I have a regulated Air arms s410 tdr lovely rifle but so dull compared to playing around with 2240's.
1377c    -   "Pumpmaster" Carbine
1322      -    Custom carbine
2250B    -   "Ratcatcher"
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

Viking

Why does the Marauder pistol have a choked barrel? Or is this only a feature here in Sweden because of the 10J limit? Can't ask you guys to know about Swedish laws but maybe you got something to ad on the choking matter.
- Winston Churchill

Molly

Choked barrel is a high end feature of target match barrels. It has nothing to do with any laws or Sweden or anything other than performance. The most expensive and widely used barrels in competitive shooting are usually choked, including Anschutz, Lothar Walther, etc. It prevents blowby around the pellet as it leaves.

Viking

Thanks  :-*, now I have to figure out in what other way this gun in "strangled" to limit it to 10J
- Winston Churchill

quickster47 †

2240 is something you can buy and shoot and also improve till the cows come home.  The P-Rod pistol is something you buy and shoot and shoot and shoot... It is a tack driver right out of the box.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Quote from: Viking on December 24, 2011, 10:20:40 AM
Thanks  :-* , now I have to figure out in what other way this gun in "strangled" to limit it to 10J

I would be willing to bet that the only difference is the transfer point. Thinking that they chocked it off to the same diameter as the 1701P. That would be what I would do if I was making them. Easiest fix and bingo, for sale to the EU.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

ped

hopefully the mrod will pass home office testing for sale in the uk
the advert i saw shows it as a carbine like a 2250 but it is pricey at £550 ,for that money it might struggle against the more popular mid range pcp's
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

dan_house

I dont think you can really compare the two.
Both have a place, but truly differnt purposes (ok, at least out of the box...)
And the Marauder pistol can be modded extensively,  and fairly easiely. Ive mildly modded mine, but I'll tell ya this: refilling that gun with a hand pump, from empty, is a pain.
dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance