Zombie Christmas a success

Started by Lugnutz, December 26, 2011, 02:43:52 AM

Lugnutz

Well both boys love their new 1377. I bought these because I want them to learn to shoot pistols and secondly because they can spend their money upgrading something that will last them for many years...instead of blowing it on junk.

First thing my 12 year old wanted to do was put a rifle stock on it...oh boy..I did buy it so they can customize it to their liking..but..but.buuttttttt I wanted him to learn to shoot a pistol LOL  So we decided that maybe a good red dot sight would make the pistol easier and more enjoyable..and if it doesn't work out that way, he can get the buttstock. 

Both boys loved the Zombie targets from Birchwood Casey and the Zombie Industries Face Off target...neither of which got used this weekend. I suggested practicing on a plain box before they go and blow a bunch of holes in the Face Off target..then they found a beer can..I mean a pop can  ??? and it seems cans are just as exciting as Zombies. Go figure.

So now that they have the guns, an extra $50 from the grandparents, what should they upgrade first? I think sights personally. I'm looking at the cheap daisy or crosman sights and the barrel clamp on mounts, for now.  No use dumping money into the steel breech till we find out for sure if this is the direction they want to go. Also where do I get a new breech? Crosman's site is out of stock. What kind of upgraded optics are you using?

Hope you all had as much fun this Christmas as I did!
Rick

AZAG

For a steel breech you might try abairguns, Alan might have some in stock.

I had a simmons 2x20 scope on my 1377 for a while.  It was a great scope but it made the gun too top heavy, especially for one hand shooting, so it was replaced with an LPA MIM sight.  I haven't tried an RD but intend to.  I was shooting my stock 1377 today and I liked the stock sights as much as anything else I've tried.  So with 50$ I would say replace the pump arm with a 2289 pump arm for more comfortable pumping.

Lugnutz

Thanks AZAG what difference will my boys see with that mod? Easier pumping and hopefully less finger smashing?