Are you a pumper or Co2'er ? And Why ?

Started by CO2Freak, February 05, 2012, 11:21:35 AM

AZAG

Pumpers, so far no CO2.  The elbow complains about pumping though.  I picked up a spinger and no complaints, so I may be limiting the pumpers in the future.

quickster47 †

Like many others, I like both and use both and really have no preference for which one I shoot.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

DRAGON64

In my experience I have used pump action, spring action, or PCP.  Never considered using the whipits, and have never shot a pistol with this form of propulsion.  I'm a 13XX guy from way back.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Daysailer

Quote from: slothart on February 05, 2012, 09:19:44 PM
I like the zen of pumping between shots...........

+1

and too cheap to buy the air i exhale after pumping...... ;)

With a bit 'o work,   all my pumpers, 766, 3-1377's, 2-Blue Streaks (70's rockers), plink and target with 3 pumps.
1377's = 405-435fps with 3 pumps
766 (grandfather of 2100) = 498-503fps w/3 pumps
Blue Streaks = 451 - 463fps w/3 pumps

Perfect for indoor and backyard plinking.  Plenty accurate to have respectable scores on CPOF monthly matches.
If I really have to kill something,  I can always 'pump 'er up' for mo' pow'r  8)
Adjust the wind, we cannot.....Adjust our sails (or windage), we should.

pirouge

got em both, the pumper (1377c carbine) for cold weather, the co2 for warm weather, I shoot the co2 (2240) more but wouldn't sell either one. Next up will be a .357W just for fun action shooting.

grumpy

In my younger years it was pumpers. Then I tried c02 guns an was perfectly happy. That all changed with my first tast of HPA.

arkmaker †

For the most part, I would rather shoot than pump, but upon thinking about last weeks session with my 1322, I have to admit that the pumping never bothered me. Most of the time, when I use the pumper, I get annoyed with the slapping noise of the pump handle. Not so much last time. Also, that was the first time I ever used an aftermarket pump arm to any real length of time. Makes a huge difference!!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Rich that is still a great looking set up on your 1322.  Looks classy.  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Thanks, long way to go..breech needs to be finished next. Almost done, just needs the Picatinny rails attached.

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

cpu77

Rich do you mean the fore grip or actual aftermarket pump assembly?   If so who makes it?  Btw nice gun:)

arkmaker †

I was talking about the Fore-grip. Made by Rick's Grips (I think). His style anyways.

The added meat to grab hold of and firm grip it has on the metal linage makes pumping much easier than the stock arm....... from where I sit  :-* Of-course the leverage of the stock resting against my thigh may have helped also?

Sorry for the hi-jack,,,,,,,,,We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread........Pumper or Co2?

cpu77

I just bought a backpacker fore grip.   I just did not know if I missed a cool upgrade:)   Thanks for clarifying:)

Apologize for off topic as well.

I have not tried a spring gun yet.   I need to.

sandpiper

I prefer pump for pellets and C02 for BB's. I think of a pellet as a precision target shot that I want to take my time with and a bb as a fun pummel the heck out of something shot.

storsy

Pumper,
More flexibility, used airsporter when younger, and great rifle, but pumper is lighter, more adaptable, and silenceable without spring twang plus no recoil.
:-*
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK