Green Laser/Flashlight from Gamo on my AS2250

Started by woody67, February 08, 2012, 11:07:18 PM

woody67

I bought a Green Laser/Flashlight combo from Gamo about a year ago. Not too long after I put it on one of my air rifles it completely failed.
I finally got around to sending it back to them under the 1 year warranty.

It took a while, and I didn't hear anything, so I called Gamo. It turned out they were unable to repair it, and they didn't have any in stock, so they upgraded me and sent me a higher end laser/flashlight scope mount set.

So, a lot of people have had bad experiences with Gamo cust. service. I didn't.....

Here's what it looks like mounted on my AS2250.   Now all I need is a multi-shot breech, a barrel band to hold the raised barrel, some trigger work and maybe some new grips and my project will be just about perfect. (Next stage, SS air tube and fittings and HPA capable of over 3k psi).

quickster47 †

It's good to hear news like that about Gamo.  Glad that took care of you and maybe they are starting a new trend toward better customer service.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Alrauder

Quote from: woody67 on February 08, 2012, 11:07:18 PMIt took a while, and I didn't hear anything, so I called Gamo. It turned out they were unable to repair it, and they didn't have any in stock, so they upgraded me and sent me a higher end laser/flashlight scope mount set.

Although, it does beg the question - "What would have happened if you didn't phone them..??"

Naa not stirring, just that sometimes they (as in any company) might tend to sweep some things under the carpet and a phonecall or enquiry might just sweep it back out from under that carpet. I've been there, done that a few times with other things, although I had a Hawk scope this time last year that seems to have killed itself - don't quite know how the objective lens came so loose like that. I'd had this scope for about 12 months and took it back to the shop I bought it from and even though I had to wait a week, a new one, slightly better model turned up at the shop for me. They even offered to courier it out since I was 25 miles away but I went over for a drive...