2240 C02 Cap?

Started by WheelchairMitch, February 13, 2012, 05:53:20 PM

WheelchairMitch

Hey guys just wondering what you guys think is the best/easiest to use aftermarket C02 cap for a 2240. Kinda gettin tired of carryin a flathead around everywhere I shoot. Your opinions are much appreciated.

eric

mr.007 has  some nice tri-wing  gas caps that i  would  recommend                                                                                                                           
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

JEBert

You shouldn't need a screwdriver to tighten the OEM cap.  If you need one to make the Co2 cart seal, you need a new seal in the front of the valve.  Hand tight should be fine.
However, I do recommend Mr007's tri-wing cap.  I have one in stainless.  They look great and are easier to turn.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

WheelchairMitch

awesome those look perfect. How do i go about getting one? thanks

JEBert

Mr007’s is a member on this forum.  You can do a search for his tri-wing posts or just PM him.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

mr007s

Good evening mitch, I have several in stock, both SS and brass. PM me for details.

QB78Guy

JEBert where did you get the rear sight for your 2240 and did you have to mod it to fit the breech?

JEBert

It is the Industry Brand Rear Sight.  I got it from Archer Airguns for around $16  + shipping.  It does not need modding to fit the breech.  However, with the sight at its lowest, my shots were going high at 5 meters so I did some concave rounding on the bottom to let go lower to the steel breech because I installed it in front of the bolt.  Then remounted it to the rear and I wouldn't have had to mod it for it to mount there.  While I was relieving the underside, I ground into the spring and had to take it apart, backbore the hole from the top, and find a larger spring that would stay inside.  Like I said, with the back of it hanging off of the rear of the breech, it doesn't need modding but shooting at 5 meters it needs to be about as low as it will go with the front sight I am using.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

QB78Guy

thanks for the info, I have been looking for a cheaper (price) rear sight and yours looks really nice!

shaneone

Hey Mr.007 - am looking to get one of your Stainless Steel tri-Co2 caps. How can I get one or contact you? Thanks Bud!!

PLauGE

Quote from: mr007s on February 13, 2012, 11:24:00 PM
Good evening mitch, I have several in stock, both SS and brass. PM me for details.
could you pm me with a price for a as tri-wing, that's if you ship to the uk