Trying to build my carbine 1377 need some info.

Started by byhsu, February 20, 2012, 05:42:15 PM

byhsu

I am trying to keep my carbine under 36", would like to know if i add the 1399 shoulder stock, how much length does it add to the overall length of a 1377 pistol.

Based on this information then i can determine how long of a barrel to have for the carbine.

Thanks.

screwwork

I measured a 1322 with 1399 stock and it was at 25-3/4 or 7/8 inches long.

AZAG

If you're trying to keep it under 36in for storage then you could go with a tippman stock which collapses.

byhsu

the Tippman stock attaches thru Mellon's stock adapter right?  how secure is it?  is it screw on?

Thanks.

AZAG

Quote from: byhsu on February 20, 2012, 07:03:19 PM
the Tippman stock attaches thru Mellon's stock adapter right?  how secure is it?  is it screw on?

Thanks.

Thats correct, and it is very secure. The stock adapter attaches to tube the same way the end cap does. The stock slides into the adapter and there are three screws that tighten into the stock to hold it.

AZAG

Edit:
Sorry for the double post...phone issues.

byhsu

where can i buy a metal barrel band to fit my longer barrel to the 1377c?

Thanks

Crosshairs

Quote from: byhsu on February 20, 2012, 08:06:42 PM
where can i buy a metal barrel band to fit my longer barrel to the 1377c?

Thanks
This is were i get my metal BB for the 13XX guns .
                               Mike
mchavka@hotmail.com
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

JEBert

I have a 1377 with a 12.75" barrel.  With the grips on it, it is 18" long (longest measurement, not including the scope) measured from the front of the muzzle brake to the bottom rear of the grips.  With the Crosman shoulder stock on it, it is 29.5" from the front of the muzzle brake to the toe of the stock (again, the longest measurement I can take).  I don't know how much the muzzle brake adds but to answer your specific question, the difference between the grips and the stock is 11.5".
Sounds like you could install a 18" barrel and depending on what muzzle brake you add, still be just under 36".  If you used the same Crosman muzzle brake I have, you could add a 19" barrel.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

byhsu

Thanks everyone, that helps.

i think i will go with an 16" barrel.

byhsu

Quote from: AZAG on February 20, 2012, 07:32:16 PM
Thats correct, and it is very secure. The stock adapter attaches to tube the same way the end cap does. The stock slides into the adapter and there are three screws that tighten into the stock to hold it.

RAP4 TIPPMANN CUSTOM 98 PRO TACTICAL Paintball CAR STOCK - 2182

is this the one that will fit with the Mellon adapter?

Thank You

JEBert

Looks like the same one I have on one of my 1377's.  I think I paid around $16 and bought enough other stuff (stuff I needed) from Amazon Marketplace to get free shipping.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)