The 357 Jigsaw Puzzle!

Started by arkmaker †, February 26, 2012, 06:53:21 PM

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on October 18, 2012, 10:07:52 PM
Well Lee, a .22 version may just be a possibility this winter. I need a 6 shot mag to make that work. Next time I see one for sale on ebay or the classifieds I'll snag it and make the alterations. I do not think I have enough meat on the 10 shot mags. I have a barrel I can use and a willing 357. All I need is the 6 shot mag and a bunch of time!!!

have you tried precision pellet guns,rick just might have something
closed mouths dont get fed

earlp8

the 6 shot are obsolute, now crosman sends the 10 shot as a direct replacement....just went though this

1377x

the sixes are still around you just have to know where to look
i got nos six rounders last year then i had my 357

arkmaker †

I'll fall into one sooner or later. I have so many other projects ahead of this one, I am in no rush but thanks guys, I can refer back to this thread when I get there.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

i hear you there!
its funny a project that wasnt even thought about is getting built before my other projects that have been planned out
it just fell together and is mostly droids fault for sending me a barrel.same thing happened when crosshairs sent me some brass bling for my 1377 it lead to a blinged out carbine when all i used to have was black powerhouses.now that i have done the bling thing its out of my system for the most part
now if only there was a way to make these 357,38c/t's more powerful as well as silenced then i would get into them. i like to just pull the trigger or if precision shooting then cock the hammer
have you ever tried fanning your 357?can it even be done?
i used to do that with my single six which isnt good for the gun but fun.felt like i was in a western when doing that
maybe one of you machinists will come out with a power valve ;)

arkmaker †

Others have wrote that there is not enough wiggle room for much valve work. That and the way they are built can't take much more pressure than what they were designed for. With an aftermarket extended barrel, you can add a muzzle brake to it. Fanning? No, I don't thing it is possible, but then I never tried it either.

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

cmj21973

Fanning a Crosman 357six is possible, but it's not very practical.

The hammer spur needs to be contoured and the sharp edges rounded off or you'll shred your hand.
Trigger must be held completely back or else damaged will occur to inner working. :(

1377x

well as everyone knows fanning isnt good for a revolver from the jump
you see and hear of people doing it to their powder burners but not to the airguns.

mudduck48

Quote from: arkmaker on October 18, 2012, 10:07:52 PM
Well Lee, a .22 version may just be a possibility this winter. I need a 6 shot mag to make that work. Next time I see one for sale on ebay or the classifieds I'll snag it and make the alterations. I do not think I have enough meat on the 10 shot mags. I have a barrel I can use and a willing 357. All I need is the 6 shot mag and a bunch of time!!!
Hi; mudduck48 here. Look what I found in my stuff. You want it, it's yours. Just PM me your name and address.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

mudduck48

Quote from: mudduck48 on October 22, 2012, 05:35:46 AM
Hi; mudduck48 here. Look what I found in my stuff. You want it, it's yours. Just PM me your name and address.
Well dog gone. It's been over 2 years. Rich, did you make the .22 cal 357? ??? ???

arkmaker †

Well dog gone!  ;D

I just saw this thread in my unread stuff. No, I am sorry to say I have not done anything yet, but I really do plan on doing it. It just so happens that I found my 357 the other day. When I opened up the case, guess what was starring me in the face? Yep, that 6 shot mag! I actually thought about you giving it to me.

Now that I don;t have access to machines at work (darn union rules), I have to wait until I get my shop wired, the electric company out here to connect power and un-pack my lathe and mill. I do believe that the .22 caliber 357 will be one of my first little tasks. I have the barrel all ready for the lathe work too. I'm kind of surprised no one has beaten me to it?

mudduck48

Hay, Rich. It's been another year and you have your shop up and running. Any word on the .22 357? LOL :P

arkmaker †

Nope, back burner project   ;)

mudduck48

You think it's bad now, wait until you retire. Then you won't have time to get anything done. :)

mudduck48

Been trying to get one of my 357 phase I guns to work with no luck yet. I did learn that when Crosman went to the phase II and III they changed the hammer spring. If you use the complete valve assembly out of a phase III to get your phase I going, change the hammer spring to the new one. I did not do that with my phase I gun. It works, but not like it should. It goes poop,poop, pop, poop. Needs the stronger hammer spring. Just thought you all might want to know. ;)