Trust on the forum

Started by Crosshairs, March 01, 2012, 01:15:23 PM

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on March 01, 2012, 08:19:45 PM
So true about the "Karma Account". It is so true, what comes around goes around. So many people on this forum have helped me out since I started, I lose count and sometimes even start taking things for granted. Know I am human and therefore tend to err...........  So much deep thanks to all  :-*

Rich
+1
a few forum members gave to me without hesitation or need for payment
BIG THANKS guys
i was glad when i was able to pay it forward
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

If you ask my wife she would say Mike don't trust anyone and she's right. So this is new for me, and to trust someone i dont no never just go's to show you can teach an old dog new tricks but cant teach him how to spell. ;D There are some great people here and im glad to be part of it.  :-*
                                                                  Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

mustangmike

if i buy something from someone and it costs more then a plane ticket, you better hope they send the product.. because i will buy a plane ticket and go knocking on some skulls oop's i mean doors..lol..

ive had several members on the gta help me out, one guy sent me for free a utg dovetail to weaver adapter and a rds sight.. i turned around and set him some stuff his disco that i wasnt going to be using anymore..

forums do give hope for the world that people are generally good
.22 disco, leapers 3-12x40 IR AO
.22 ccs 2400, leapers 4x32 (awaiting barrel swap & 7.5tko)
.22 gamo bigcat, rds
.177 walther 99q, low profile laser sight

RC1947

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 01, 2012, 10:34:06 PM
If you ask my wife she would say Mike don't trust anyone and she's right. So this is new for me, and to trust someone i dont no never just go's to show you can teach an old dog new tricks but cant teach him how to spell. ;D There are some great people here and im glad to be part of it.  :-*
                                                                  Mike  8)
X1

Crosshairs

Wow this thread took off pretty good.
                                Mike  8)

Capt. Thomas

I pretty much agree with everyones comments here but........ as with all things, keep in mind who we are on this and the other airgun forums vs. the "other hobby forums". Most of use are adults and older adults at that. I know we have a few younger members but for the most part we are not youngsters and we aren't in to a "trendy" hobby here such as trash skate bording, high teck geek computer mods or hacking Play Stations where we are dealing 18 yr. olds / young teen's etc.

We have basic common if not interlaced interests. We hunt, we fish, we camp / back pack, were into powder burners, archery, paper punching and general tinkering, we like the outdoors in general etc. Many of us are from military and or law enforcemt backgrounds if not long family lines of service. I have found that most people like us are true honest folks and we have "older values" and old school integrity....... some things are better with age and I don't just mean a bottle of wine  :-*

Capt. Thomas   
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

JEBert

Cap'n,
Speaking of wine,  (you did just now, didn't you?)
You do know that you are supposed to let your bottle of wine breathe? 
Pull the cork, and set the bottle down to let it breathe for a minute before pouring.
If it doesn't seem to be breathing on its own,...
Give it mouth-to-mouth! :)
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Capt. Thomas

Oh wow, is that JUST for wine? Damn, all this time I thought it was any bottle of fine spirit? Well, now I know why my friends always have fear in their eye's and insist on opening the Scotch when I'm at their place and why the bartenders love me so much  ??? Mental note to self....... no more deployment drinking habits whilst back in the world  :-*

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

Crosshairs

Well said Capt Thomas well said.  :-*
                      Mike  8)

DJammer

Quote from: Noah on March 01, 2012, 08:09:53 PM
My wife was asking me the same thing a while ago when I sent some plastic 600 grips to some cat in WA. She asked, "Why would you give them away for free?" Well, they are only worth a few dollars and it is more of a hassle to collect payment rather than simply donate. For me, I call it "The Karma Account" and it is best to keep it in the black. This wouldn't be possible without chaps like Quickster, Crosshairs, NorthStaR, Capt. Thomas, Workinman, Arkmaker, Sothart, Brutuz, OahuDave, Tinker and so many others (sorry if I left you out). Thanks for all of your help and assistance over the past several months whether it be goods or simple advice. Right on.

Thanks again, fellers, and let's keep this positive trend moving along-  :-*
And I thank you  :-*
When I received them and told the wife she said " about time that do unto others thing starts working in your favor" It seems we too are those people who give help and aid without expecting a return and when something like this happens it is a unexpected surprise.
We will continue to deposit into the "Karma Account", who knows maybe one of those lottery tickets will surprise us too!!
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

cheewee

our CAPOF family is strong, lets keep it that way.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

0351_Vet

x2 Capt. T....... :-*   :-*   :-*   :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NorthStaR

I owe a lot of you and thank each and everyone at the same time.  :)

There are many guns and parts that wouldn't be in my collection if it wasn't for the goodness in the members of CAPOF.

Even knowledge given freely is an unusual thing. Many people are competitive in certain hobbies and shield their secrets.

On here it is the opposite.   8) 

I also trust a lot of you as many have grey hair.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D  I have two distinguished silver threads myself.  :o :P

It is a forum for old souls, not necessarily old bodies.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Crosshairs

Old souls how true, good one NS. :-*
                      Mike  8)