calling all milling machine owners

Started by 1377x, March 02, 2012, 06:49:15 AM

1377x

Quote from: cmj21973 on March 06, 2012, 05:08:27 AM
Looks the same.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=4561.msg45155#msg45155
seems like the main difference of the trigger is the 2-stage adjusting screws on the p-rod trigger the blade doesnt matter much
closed mouths dont get fed

J57ltr

While it's not a difficult part to make, without the part to copy or drawings (specs to the .001") it's not something to freehand.

I have a 2300T, new 1377, old 1377 and a 2240 so if any of those will work as a template then let me know.

I don't use much brass, mostly stainless and aluminum. So I would have to order it. Check McMaster-Carr they carry it, and give you a idea on price. Pick a width that you want for the shoe area.

Jeff

1377x

Quote from: J57ltr on March 08, 2012, 02:35:25 AM
While it's not a difficult part to make, without the part to copy or drawings (specs to the .001") it's not something to freehand.

I have a 2300T, new 1377, old 1377 and a 2240 so if any of those will work as a template then let me know.

I don't use much brass, mostly stainless and aluminum. So I would have to order it. Check McMaster-Carr they carry it, and give you a idea on price. Pick a width that you want for the shoe area.

Jeff
i have a local hardware store that beats everybody's prices hands down.hopefully they have what need
the trigger i can get here also no need to get it from crosman ;).just found out TOW is up the road also,i see a .25 conversion in the works :D
the problem is i am in the hospital and wont be out for up to 3 more weeks.hopefully 10 days - 2 weeks fingers crossed
i am going to speak to my parts source tomorrow, he goes to the same hardware store. i'll see if he can pick up the brass and give me a trigger to send out. i do want the trigger blade(shoe) to be a little wider
pm to follow

J57ltr

If you can get a few orders I can get some easily. Metal Supermarket closed in Houston, but we have a new source but have a few more days of things I can't get away from for a few days. If I can come up with something to order, I'll add it and have one of the guys pick it up. 360 brass is the way to go if you run across some.

1377x

Quote from: J57ltr on March 08, 2012, 02:35:25 AM

Jeff
pm sent

J57ltr

None received. Email me @ jeffnalicia@sbcglobal.com

1377x

J57ltr

1377x

J57ltr

Who knows. May have been an ooold address

1377x

Quote from: J57ltr on March 11, 2012, 01:50:34 AM
Who knows. May have been an ooold address
the funny thing is it didnt bounce back so it is used

J57ltr

It's been a while and I have had other things on my mind, namely a 1911 I got from a guy for free and getting it operational again.

But anyway did you ever get this project going? I vaguely remember getting a drawing but I'm not sure what ever happened to it.

Jeff

1377x

Quote from: J57ltr on November 02, 2012, 04:39:28 PM
It's been a while and I have had other things on my mind, namely a 1911 I got from a guy for free and getting it operational again.

But anyway did you ever get this project going? I vaguely remember getting a drawing but I'm not sure what ever happened to it.

Jeff

sort of
i have to send the trigger off to member here thats going to made a drawing of the actual trigger.jmj i'll get that trigger to you in a few days
then hopefully i can get someone to make the trigger

J57ltr

Well if you can get me the drawing or the part I can still make it. Were going to be moving our mill and lathe probably next week, but it'll be back in operation in a day or so after that. I don't have any jobs (other than my own projects) that are in need of the mill so I should be able to work on it. As far as material I have. We don't have a local source for small amounts of brass unless I order from Mcmaster.

Stainless steel
Steel
Aluminum
Delrin (natural)

Jeff

Fronzdan

Why not straighten that curve in the trigger while you're at it.  Make a few.  So many people have prod frames around here, they'll sell.