Serial#:R235
long knuraled  knob
Pneumatic pump
.22 cal. multi shot
Die cast receiver with out logo   
pat. Oct. 28, 1924
Crosman Arms Co. Rochester
Model 102
that has been used, abused and put away wet.
My father in law was born in the 1920's, he grew up with this rifle, and it shows he repaired it with a pair of vice grips and a broken screwdriver. I have spent a lot of time removing the teeth marks on the rifle. I am now looking for a donor rifle so I can replace some broken, damaged parts.
I am not restoring this rifle for my wife, she remembers her dad and this rifle in her childhood so it is important to restore this rifle.
I have been reading this forum and it provides some great insight on this Rifle, I have made all the tools to dissamble the internal parts.
Now I am really trying to date this firearm, I have several clues to the date it was manufactured, maybe someone could give me some info.

Thanks

eric

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

-102-

Thanks, I have seen this, I am still hoping to find a year. :-*

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

1377x

just read this in the link eric posted
If your gun was manufactured prior to July of 1975, you can use the chart below to ascertain the years of manufacture, but you will not be able to ascertain the exact date.
this sad :(
closed mouths dont get fed

eric

Model 102 Pneumatic pump, .22 cal. magazine repeater Rifle 1929-1950
Model 102 variant with "clickless" forearm Rifle 1938-1939

-102-

After doing a lot of research, I have determined that this was probably made in 1929-1930.

I think my father in law bought it new when he was a kid, I have found some paperwork in the garage giving me some clues to the age.  :)

I have to work on the air system seals and locate a couple of parts that are missing.  :-*

I am going to have to have the scope mounts milled from scratch, they are a basket case, all chewed up.  :(

He must have loved this gun and it showes some real wear and tear. I am not trying to make it look new, I am trying to restore it, removing only the damage that was done to it.  8)

Thanks will give some more updates as the project continues to move on.

-102-

I would also  like to have some imput on what magazine screw fits into the center strap. This was missing, and my father in law put a nasty screw that did not fit into it.

eric

-102-

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\All done, (kind of a small weapon from what I am used to working on ;D) now I need to find a couple of things........

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....