Pellet pictures discussion / comments

Started by crsuribe, February 02, 2010, 01:22:17 PM

quickster47 †

Zoltan, I think I speak for all members here and just want you to know we really appreciate all the effort you put into photographing the pellets and giving us the great documentation.  :-*  :-*  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Sir William

This DB is one of the most amazing things I've seen lately!
Thanks for the work!!

norca

ME EYES wow great selection of pellets good to see so much detail

Igotknobblies

Great pictures that just go to show that the build quality is directly linked to price. Goodness knows, some of them are approaching the price of .22LR rounds! I may as well bin the air gun and get the live rounds out! By the way, does anybody know how the 'better' pellets are made? I have some fairly capable workshop machinery and would like to have a go at making my own. By the looks of it, the cheaper ones are struck in a two part die. I suppose if the 'blanks' are cut over size, then any excess can be trimmed from an 'expansion hole' although I can't see any evidence of trimming on manufactured ones. Then there is 'rolling'. I think this will give a more uniform pellet but is probably a complicated and expensive set up. Can anyone post a link to Youtube or other that demonstrates manufacture?
Cheers,
IGK

breakfastchef

I believe most production pellets are swaged. Don't know much about the process, and I've not found much information on the Web.
Larry

bjdiaz1

Just had the chance to browse through the pellet database gallery.  This is just  'priceless' information.  Never ever have I seen such a complete  encyclopedia of pellets and the pics are just so awesome. Photography is another of my hobbies and this work is just so incredible.  Congratulations and THANK YOU for the great effort and time invested to give us such complete information.

ttakata73

Quote from: bjdiaz1 on August 19, 2012, 11:07:25 PM
Just had the chance to browse through the pellet database gallery.  This is just  'priceless' information.  Never ever have I seen such a complete  encyclopedia of pellets and the pics are just so awesome. Photography is another of my hobbies and this work is just so incredible.  Congratulations and THANK YOU for the great effort and time invested to give us such complete information.

I agree 110%, I was just too lazy to comment earlier.
Awesome info indeed.

Brutuz

Thanks for the recent updates Zoltan  :-* :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

RC1947

Fantastic photos are very helpful - thanks for your efforts. RC

breakfastchef

Is there an easier and faster way to search the pellet collection? The index on page 1 does not seem to always send me to the correct webpage. This is such an awesome and extensive database, I would like to see it preserved and indexed for the benefit of all. Thanks.
Larry

DaveC

Quote from: Igotknobblies on April 20, 2012, 10:01:06 AM
Great pictures that just go to show that the build quality is directly linked to price. Goodness knows, some of them are approaching the price of .22LR rounds! I may as well bin the air gun and get the live rounds out! By the way, does anybody know how the 'better' pellets are made? I have some fairly capable workshop machinery and would like to have a go at making my own. By the looks of it, the cheaper ones are struck in a two part die. I suppose if the 'blanks' are cut over size, then any excess can be trimmed from an 'expansion hole' although I can't see any evidence of trimming on manufactured ones. Then there is 'rolling'. I think this will give a more uniform pellet but is probably a complicated and expensive set up. Can anyone post a link to Youtube or other that demonstrates manufacture?
Cheers,
IGK

I know this is a bit old but there is a video on youtube of a English gentelman that machines the swagging dies and makes a 5 place lead mold to cast the blanks. At first I thought he made little batches of the pellets then sold them on ebay but he's selling the mold and dies at not too unreasonable a price...considering what we are paying for other things for this "inexpensive" hobby  :P

1377x

Quote from: breakfastchef on October 13, 2012, 04:17:39 AM
Is there an easier and faster way to search the pellet collection? The index on page 1 does not seem to always send me to the correct webpage. This is such an awesome and extensive database, I would like to see it preserved and indexed for the benefit of all. Thanks.
that would be a good idea
with it being so large i wonder how long that would take to do so
closed mouths dont get fed

Cwj

Wow, simply awesome photos!
I could browse through the database all day.

If I ever come across some pellets that aren't in the db I'll be sure to send some.
PC77, M4, 357, 760

chongman

Thank you for the incredible pellet pictures
Long days and pleasant nights to you...