Spring in valve?

Started by mcc1961, March 17, 2012, 09:15:59 PM

quickster47 †

Different strokes for different folks.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

eric

i have  use less than a disco spring and had damage to my valve stem(s) so a word of warning like before ........
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

1377x

Quote from: eric on March 18, 2012, 09:27:23 PM
i have  use less than a disco spring and had damage to my valve stem(s) so a word of warning like before ........
i wish people would say what kind of damage was done.instead of leaving a vague comment
what kind of valve spring did you use?
was there any work done to your valve stem?
what kind of damage was done?
but like quick said
Quote from: quickster47 on March 18, 2012, 09:23:13 PM
Different strokes for different folks.

Carl
closed mouths dont get fed

eric

damage is damage .the  check valve can deform,the valve stem can mushroom and then soften  .  just saying  .folks will do what they will ........  a word of warning AGAIN .......

1377x

Quote from: eric on March 18, 2012, 09:46:16 PM
damage is damage .the  check valve can deform,the valve stem can mushroom and then soften  .  just saying  .folks will do what they will ........  a word of warning AGAIN .......
you said that you personally experienced damage
i want to know what damage you experienced
again with the vague damage is damage
show me!!!

eric

i don't need you show you anything , you  want to believe what you what to believe when i know what i know  ,pretty simple

1377x

Quote from: eric on March 18, 2012, 11:11:19 PM
i don't need you show you anything , you  want to believe what you what to believe when i know what i know  ,pretty simple
thats mighty big of you to say this sort of thing
i have not seen any kind of damage caused by a disco spring
thought may be since you personally experienced the said damage,you could show the rest of us who haven't seen it
the only damage i have seen was caused by improper piston adjustment and extremely heavy hammer springs,which a disco spring is not
seeing is believing.
so why dont you loose the attitude,bud

eric

bud, really ??  nope .i said plain and simple there could be damage then you asked what and i answered .you didn't like my answer and wanted more --- i don't need to show you what i have experienced  and you still won't let it go . i could post pictures now or say what i have already said but you still won't get it

1377x

Quote from: eric on March 19, 2012, 01:10:52 AM
bud, really ??  nope .i said plain and simple there could be damage then you asked what and i answered .you didn't like my answer and wanted more --- i don't need to show you what i have experienced  and you still won't let it go . i could post pictures now or say what i have already said but you still won't get it
to be honest like i said before the only damage i have seen came from improper piston adjustment and a hammer spring bigger than a disco spring on a 13xx gun.you said you had damage to your valve from a less than disco spring
some of us may not know what mushroomed valve stem is i havent experienced it like you did on a 13xx and i put my guns through the ringer still dont know what a deformed check valve looks like the one in my phase 2 has been there for 20+ years and beaten on no issues
but you have experienced it
i like others need to know what this stuff looks like.i cant show them but you can from experience.yet you dont want to help out us fellow crosmaniacs by showing us what to look for
i would like a clue what to look for
seeing is better than hearing imo

eric

i gave what i could -- my experience is that the valve stem mushroomed and the check valve deformed ,that i could see so a photo is useless .the stem, well, looks like a mushroom where the hammer impacts it . picture that . on that note, those said parts are pretty cheap so .... if you ,they ,we, he,she does have any issues it's not a costly fix

1377x

yep!

remember folks do your mods at your own risk
whats that old saying
believe none of what you hear and half of what you see
if i had listened to what people said i would still be wondering how to dump all the air out of my valve past 14 pumps

DJammer

I've done several and am currently doing another......1377 modded into 1322, 14"barrel.
I personally use a lighter valve spring from ACE and the stock hammer spring.
FT piston and valve, mild porting to the valve, reduced dia. exhaust stem in the port area and drilled out stock metal transfer port.
Never any damage to the valve, will dump 15 pumps with out any problems.
Don't have a chrony, but will try the 2liter test. Generally use JSB Exact 15.9g and it hits pretty dang hard..
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

gdm620

I can see how a valve could get damage because to me the spring inside the valve just hold the check valve closed so you can start to pump air in it.  That is why you have to cock first when you have a light spring in the check valve. The hammer spring over comes the light spring.   Then once pressure starts to build the air hold the valve closed.  The reason most people put in a heavy hammer spring is to over come the pressure of the air holding the valve closed.  Their is more pressure there because some people are pumping it more then 10 times with flat top piston and such.   So you have more force from a heavier hammer spring meeting up with a valve with more air pressure then normal holding back on the check valve.  After time it is common sense that things could but not always cause damage.  Any time you hit a harden object against a softer object something is going to give alittle.  It might not happen all at once but in time it will.  Just my 2 cents.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel