crosman has some pretty cool guns for 2012

Started by 1377x, March 18, 2012, 04:33:09 AM

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

Question?  Can Crosman deliver a NM AR lower that does not require an FFL?  I believe that one thing will make, or break, the NMAR.  For those of us who own a lower it is no problem.  For junior shooters the price will be an issue.

1377x

i always thought just the lower reciever had a serial number thats what needs the ffl to do the dealer transfer
the upper doesnt thats what crosman is selling

1377x

the 1720 is going to be a monster of a target pistol .177@750fps :o

Coyotehunter2011

Quote from: sandpiper on March 18, 2012, 04:42:51 AM
Liking that break barrel but still no price  ???
Pyramid Air will be selling the bread barrel nitro piston pistol for $79.99. Here is the link: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Trail_NP_Air_Pistol/2723

Red Harris

That Benjamin Mav77, Under lever Rifle looks Sweet too!

Cross Pistol Packer

Quote from: Red Harris on March 18, 2012, 06:03:14 AM

Your not far wrong,I want one :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

DBOdude

Quote from: Red Harris on March 18, 2012, 06:03:14 AM

is it a relabeled TX200 . or a relabeled chinese TX200 clone/wanna be ?
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Red Harris

Quote from: Booty Monster on March 18, 2012, 03:24:41 PM
is it a relabeled TX200 . or a relabeled chinese TX200 clone/wanna be ?

I'm no expert, but it does look almost exactly like a TX200, except for a different color Trigger, and the checkering on the stock. The different Trigger suggests (to me) that is not simply relabeled. I havent been involved with airguns very long,,,,,but aren't Most  airguns made in China, even if they may be assembled in whatever country they "come" from?

Quote from: 1377x on March 18, 2012, 05:04:04 AM
i always thought just the lower reciever had a serial number thats what needs the ffl to do the dealer transfer
the upper doesnt thats what crosman is selling

True.  Crosman is selling the upper, only.  My post is directed toward the lower. 

A complete mil-spec AR-15 lower costs in the $300+ range.   Although I have several my guess is that many do not.  The idea being that purchase of the upper, and an AR lower, creates a cost burden that many cannot achieve.

The question becomes: can Crosman develop an AR-15 'like' lower that cannot be adapted to centerfire use -and- comes in under the $300+ range.  A 'package' rifle (upper and lower) in the $700 range would be a seller, in my opinion.  I think it could be done by building the lower out of plastics, and creating several internal blocks that prevent it from being used on a center-fire, or rimfire, rifle.  The resulting lower would be air-rifle specific.  There are plastic lowers out there now.  Reduced cost would, in my opinion, lead to more interest.

eric

the  upper is set for a certain market , the challenger can cover the rest
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

I understand the market it is aimed at: junior air-rifle CMP matches.  (I have been going to Camp Perry many, many years now.)  However, cost remains a significant factor when training and teaching this group of shooters.  I have another idea:  perhaps, a complete air-rifle  using the new upper and a dedicated lower that cannot be disassembled.  A one piece air rifle, dedicated to CMP shooting.  Now, that would work to keep costs down and get more involved in the sport.

http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/NMAR.htm

seagullplayer

Got my E-mail in on a couple of items, hope they become available soon.
I am liking the look of that nitro pistol...
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...