crosman has some pretty cool guns for 2012

Started by 1377x, March 18, 2012, 04:33:09 AM

T191032

Quote from: 641 on March 22, 2012, 02:30:38 AM
True.  Crosman is selling the upper, only.  My post is directed toward the lower. 

A complete mil-spec AR-15 lower costs in the $300+ range.   Although I have several my guess is that many do not.  The idea being that purchase of the upper, and an AR lower, creates a cost burden that many cannot achieve.

The question becomes: can Crosman develop an AR-15 'like' lower that cannot be adapted to centerfire use -and- comes in under the $300+ range.  A 'package' rifle (upper and lower) in the $700 range would be a seller, in my opinion.  I think it could be done by building the lower out of plastics, and creating several internal blocks that prevent it from being used on a center-fire, or rimfire, rifle.  The resulting lower would be air-rifle specific.  There are plastic lowers out there now.  Reduced cost would, in my opinion, lead to more interest.

Have you call/wrote/emailed Crosman with those observations?
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

plasticclassic

I wonder if they will be running a lot of TV spots on the outdoor channels with that Marauder Woods Walker. I like that one.

Quote from: T191032 on May 15, 2012, 08:58:34 PM

Have you call/wrote/emailed Crosman with those observations?

Greetings-  Yes.  Also, after some more research I also found that one company is actually making polymer AR lowers in the $100 range: http://www.lw15.com/

Colt25