.22 pellets

Started by Speakersrulemyworld, April 03, 2012, 11:13:28 PM

Speakersrulemyworld

where can i find cheap yet effective .22 pellets?

mr007s

Quote from: Speakersrulemyworld on April 03, 2012, 11:13:28 PM

It would help to know what lead dispenser you will be using. All my Crosman pistols shoot CPHP well. They are not costly as compared to others. Just shooting paper the RWS Hobby is a good choice.

eric

for what ? crosman daisy,and gamo are pretty cheap .if you're lucky they might be accurate .try a walmart,kmart or a big box store for cheap .there are a lot of online places as well
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

bradpsu

I hate suggesting Walmart...but they carry pellets from a couple of mfg including Crosman for pretty cheap.  You can order cheaper online in many cases but with shipping costs the price advantage goes bye bye.  I've gotten Crosman hollow points 500 qty can for around $8 at the obnoxious store. 

mcc1961

My Disco loves the WW CPHP's and you can get a tin for around $9 in the store.They also have the RWS pellets for good prices online for Site to Store deliivery.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

OreoGaborio

I buy a bunch of cans at a time from www.pyramydair.com

What kinda shooting are you doing?

I just got 8 cans of 500 pellets in the H&N Diabolo variety (wadcutter) for $68.95 shipped with their buy-three-cans-get-one-free deal.  Works out to 1.16 cents a pellet delivered to my door.

There are cheaper pellets out there, but there are also much more expensive pellets out there.
-Pete

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

storsy

Does anyone use eley wasp 5.6mm 14.5grn pellets?
How do they compare to rws superdomes?
Does the extra 0.1mm help with accuracy, by catching the rifling in the barrel more?

ps, sorry if this is hi-jacking the thread..
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK

breakfastchef

What is cheap? I find that many real 'cheap' pellets are awful. They are dirty, inaccurate, and often still have metal from the casting process still stuck to the casting/swaging marks.

Quote from: arkmaker on April 04, 2012, 01:32:59 AM
I love these......... Buy 3, get the fourth free...

In arkmakers example, you would be paying around $0.016 cents per pellet. The RWS Superdomes are made by a world-class manufacturer. They are both accurate and a good value.

Even if you scored some top-quality match grade pellets, they would likely cost no more than $0.03 cents each. When it all comes down to it, shoot the best pellets you can. I like to know what I feed my guns is accurate so I only have myself to blame for a missed shot.

This is a good read from Robert Beeman - http://www.beemans.net/airgun_projectiles.htm
Larry

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Here are some reject looking pellets. If you want cheap, here ya go.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Mendoza_Diabolo_Express_2000_22_Cal_13_3_Grains_Hollowpoint_120ct/723

I would go with the cheap Daisy Wadcutters before the Mindoza'a. The Daisy's seem thin enough so that the skirts are forced up into the rifling when fired and actually give pretty good accuracy. The major drawback to the Daisys are that they are very dirty.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Daisy_Precision_Max_22_Cal_14_3_Grains_Flat_Nosed_250ct/417

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Trial and Air

Quote from: arkmaker on April 04, 2012, 01:32:59 AM
I love these......... Buy 3, get the fourth free..

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/RWS_Superdome_22_Cal_14_5_Grains_Domed_250ct/790

those were the first pellet I used with my 2240 and haven't had the same luck since I switched back to the cheaper crosman premiers - which my springer rifle loves.

arkmaker †

Yep, so far the superdomes shoot well in everything I have tried them in. Seriously, give those cheap Daisy wadcutter's a try. I always tell myself I was going to wash them first, but never have. I have found them to be a great pellet for backyard plinking and target practice. I always switch, well almost always to another pellet for the comps.
Rich

T191032

One of the best things you can do is to "sample" several different pellets.  There are two really effective ways of doing this.

One, buy a "pellet sampler" from Straight Shooters -
http://www.straightshooters.com/pellets-.22.html

Two, utilize the "Buy 3 + 1 Free" Deal that Pyramid offers.

Of course, the third option is going to your local Wal-Mart/K-Mart/Sporting Goods/Gun Shop and obtaining whatever pellets they may have on the shelf.

As for shooting a good quality pellet, Breakfastchef is correct; I've since decided to switch my pellet selection over to RWS Meisterkuglen WC 8.2gr (.177) from the Gamo Match for shooting the various Comps "for score" as they are a superior pellet. 

That is not to say that some of the more inexpensive pellets don't shoot, I have some Beeman 1261 Wadcutters (inexpensive, Made in China) that can print some fairly tight groups when I do my part).  You need to find what works in your airgun(s).
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

1377x

try fleet farm also they have a larger variety unless you want to order online
closed mouths dont get fed