RD30?

Started by Xgecko, April 14, 2012, 01:02:02 AM

Xgecko

is there any difference between the Aftermath RD30 and the BSA RD30?
The earth without ART is just "eh"

1377x

probably just the name on the side
many of these optics are made in the same factory with the same parts just a sticker changes them
closed mouths dont get fed

Xgecko

thats what it looked like....I may buy one since Pyramid is out of the BSA model

crossliner

They are the same. When my bud ordered 2 BSA's for me he got an Aftermath for himself for his airsoft and yes I was able to scrutinize them side by side. I got rid of the brand markings by vigorously rubbing it w/ oil-soaked ( never use thinner) cotton cloth. The somewhat baroque gold BSA marks does not go well w/ my black and silver motif imho and besides it looks much better w/o them.

Crosshairs

I have two of the BSAs and love them if thats any help.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Xgecko

Thanks I ordered one, gonna try the oiled rag trick and remove the lettering

crossliner

My brandless red dot  :)

1377x

thats one sweet rig!
closed mouths dont get fed

Xgecko

yeah that does have a nice look, though I am more of an all black Art kid  (you really don't want to know how many black T-shirts I have) though my plan is to make grips from nice spalted wood

quickster47 †

That's one good looking shooter.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Red Harris

The Polished silver looks Great in contrast to all the Black.

Where did you get that cool Pointy aluminum end cap, on the front of the lower tube?

crossliner

Thank you Bosses Quick and 1377. I have a friend who is a machinist  :) Mr. Xgecko I am also fond of black.. Mr. Red Harris I had it tooled and no it is not aluminum but stainless. Best regards everyone.

Xgecko

Holy Crap.....My daily over coffee target is a 2x 4 triangular hoe (replacing a shovel with a sticker on it) sticking out of the ground about 50-55 feet away from my kitchen table (yes I shoot out an open window). I hit it with enough regularity that I know how much I have lost since I sold all my powder burners 6 years ago. This scope changes matters. I was in awe of how much easier it is to hit what I am aiming at now. Looking forward to getting the new barrel and airstripper from Mellon Air now

crossliner

Yours and mine are twins Mr. XG  :)

Xgecko

Quote from: crossliner on April 24, 2012, 01:07:44 AM
Yours and mine are twins Mr. XG  :)

for  little while I have a 12"barrel, barrel band and Delrin Airstripper on the way from MellonAir I think he'll get to my order this week.