.22 Destroyer Test

Started by KevinP, May 08, 2012, 02:40:34 PM

DRAGON64

The .177 Destroyers did not shoot to well for me at any distance; glad the .22's are fairing a better, maybe Crosman has a winner here.  How about pushing them on out in 5-meter incriments.  At 25-yards my .177 groups start to open up, but if memory serves I was holding 2 - 2.5" groups with Crosman Premier Lights... never cared for the hollow points when target shooting... actually I don't care for them at all.   :)
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

bradpsu

I'm okay with the hollow points for target shooting....I know they could be better.  I will shoot some of the Destroyer 22's at targets but will want to keep some/most for pest control I guess.  I may have missed the comment, but what gun are you shooting?  I'm shooting my 2240.  Also what would you suggest as the best target shooting pellet for a 2240.   

1377x

Quote from: bradpsu on May 10, 2012, 10:46:48 PM
I'm okay with the hollow points for target shooting....I know they could be better.  I will shoot some of the Destroyer 22's at targets but will want to keep some/most for pest control I guess.  I may have missed the comment, but what gun are you shooting?  I'm shooting my 2240.  Also what would you suggest as the best target shooting pellet for a 2240.   
it depends on what the gun likes and the shooter
jsb pellets seem to do good in most guns
try some jsb's or rws hobby's and meisterkugeln
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

Meisterkugeln?????  Was zur Hölle sind sie?   ;D

1377x

Quote from: bradpsu on May 10, 2012, 11:45:55 PM
Meisterkugeln?????  Was zur Hölle sind sie?   ;D
rws wadcutters look them up on pyramyd air

bradpsu

Did you follow my Deutsche / German there?

1377x

Quote from: bradpsu on May 11, 2012, 03:51:20 AM
i cant tell german from japanese from hieroglyphs.if its not written in english then its over my head,
heck even some english is over my head :P

cmj21973

Quote from: bradpsu on May 11, 2012, 03:51:20 AM

I did a Bing search on, "Was zur Hölle sind sie?"
Knew it was German and now I know somewhat it means.
http://en.bab.la/dictionary/german-english/was-zur-hoelle-sind-sie

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

bradpsu

It's "What the hell are they?".....was referring to his use of "meisterkugeln"

AZAG

Babelfish translates meisterkugeln as "master balls."

bradpsu

That would be the translation.....well my 22 Destroyers have shipped and will be here Monday via the little brown truck. 

bradpsu

Well I've only shot around 25 rounds so far (with a cartridge replacement necessary a few shots into that number) and I have to say I'm not all that impressed so far by these 22 destroyers.   Some spot on and others seem to have a mind of their own as to where they want to go....will be shooting some more today and tomorrow and see if I can have kinder things to say.  At this point the hollow points are better accuracy wise.