.22 Destroyer Test

Started by KevinP, May 08, 2012, 02:40:34 PM

Cowray

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 08, 2012, 05:14:34 PM
I am becoming convinced that at 5M and 10M ranges, most any pellet shoots very accurately. When increasing range is when you start to see much different results.

I think this is true of the better quality pellets, there are cheap pellets out there that are absolute trash.  It also depends on your definition of accurate. In a general hobby, plinking, since it's true. If your talking competitive 10 meter shooting, pellet selection is very important. I buy H&N finali match pistol pellets and then hand sort them to plus or minus 1.5 sigma by weight. It makes a difference.

cmj21973

PA is the better deal for Crosman .22 Destroyers. The 3+1 deal  is $14.97 + $7.99 for S&H, total $22.96. :-*
S&H depends on your zip code.

Will be one of several goodies I'll order come payday.

PA :          4 tins; 700 pellets for $22.96 (.0328 cents per pellet)
Crosman: 1 tin; 175 pellets for $19.21 (.1097 cents per pellet)

bradpsu

Well I have to say that I'm not really a fan of the Crosman 22 destroyers....very inconsistent.  They even go into my 2240 a bit roughly....the bolt seems to want to hang up a bit when loading them in.  Perhaps that explains why I'm having the accuracy issues.  Using D.C.'s long nose SS bolt but can't imagine that would be causing any issues.  Just got back from the dreaded Wally Mart and picked up another tin of the Crosman hollow points....much better in both accuracy and consistency for me and my 2240.  Hate to say it but I think the purchase of the destroyers was a waste of money.  Live and learn I guess. 

1377x

Quote from: bradpsu on May 17, 2012, 08:41:15 PM
Well I have to say that I'm not really a fan of the Crosman 22 destroyers....very inconsistent.  They even go into my 2240 a bit roughly....the bolt seems to want to hang up a bit when loading them in.  Perhaps that explains why I'm having the accuracy issues.  Using D.C.'s long nose SS bolt but can't imagine that would be causing any issues.  Just got back from the dreaded Wally Mart and picked up another tin of the Crosman hollow points....much better in both accuracy and consistency for me and my 2240.  Hate to say it but I think the purchase of the destroyers was a waste of money.  Live and learn I guess. 
how many rounds do you have through your 2240?
i had a gun that wouldnt shoot jsb monsters right.it had a new barrel barrel on it.ran a bunch of cphp through it,then the monsters liked the barrel
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

I've run about 75 through.....and it's not liking them much.  I get a few that are pretty spot on and then the same number seem to fly all over the place.....no where close to where I'm aiming.  And just to be clear I'm shooting from an MTM pistol rest at approximately 5 meters with a UTG red dot that has been very accurate.   This is the same MTM rest at which nearly all of my hollow points find their mark.  And after the issues with the destroyers I've loaded Crosman hollow points and had no accuracy issues.  I have to say other than "shooting in a new gun" I don't see how it's possible for a gun that is "shot in" to not like the destroyers and then after shooting a bunch more of them it somehow miraculously starts to like them and shoot them accurately.  Makes no logical sense to me...maybe I'm just clueless to some previously unknown form of gun/ammunition physics.  If that is what you are suggesting...maybe I'm taking your comments wrong. 

1377x

not every barrel will like a certain pellet
my 2250 barrel so far had shot everything great except the rws meisterkugln, hope i spelled that right.
i should have said how many rounds of all pellets made it down the pipe?
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

Have probably put about 5-600 down it so far.  I do think it's a case of my barrel not liking the destroyers....and I don't think that will change.   Seems to like the hollow points.  Want to get some of the filed target premiers to try them at some point...I guess before that I should try the regular Crosman domed and see how the guns likes them first.   

I should also add that while all this was going on I was in the market for another Crosman...the Nitro Venom 22 cal Break barrel rifle...upon watching a video review of the gun, provided by a fellow member on here, the reviewer commented on how dirty the barrels bore was fresh out of the box from Crosman....worse than he had ever seen.  He had to clean it before testing it because it was so fouled with "dirt".  That got me to thinking that "maybe" mine was filthy too....just a little added info.