new to me 38T

Started by 1377x, May 16, 2012, 05:27:48 AM

1377x

i just picked up a crosman 38T .177 for $15.craigslist find, could have got it cheaper but it was in better condition than the first one i had.
its in decent shape everything seems to function correctly like the timing.some paint missing but not much you can tell it was used where you load pellets the paint is missing, a little on the barrel shroud and a little on the trigger guard.its in better shape than the last one i had.i paid the same price for it and it was missing a lot of paint.that one sold before i could do anything to it.
the guy that sold it to me said it leaks,so its off to the crosman repair station in the morning for parts.before i go, im going to try a cart with a dab of oil on it
see if it still leaks.the catch is i saw the carts last week and might have trashed them :-[.didnt think i would need them again :-[
ill post pics when i get back from the repair station.
once again i am very glad :D i dont have to go far for parts, wait for them to be shipped or get bent over because of high shipping and part prices :P
hopefully my crosmanitis will be cured before the shop closes down because i wouldnt want to be at the mercy of a parts shark.charging more for shipping than the parts cost, a 2oz package costing $12 to be shipped and i have to pay for the time it took to dig the part out.
i have been told that by some of the parts suppliers out there >:(,its a huge turn off when these sharks smell blood in the water
oh well business is business
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

Nice find  :-*

I agree about the shipping stuff .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

sandpiper

Yup, great find. Had fun restoring mine and a better time shooting it  :-*

Crosshairs

Good find and there good fun shooters. And about shipping parts a it's all about the $$$.
Try Rick good prices shipping is only 4 beans.
                              Mike  8)
http://www.airgunshop.net/
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

Quote from: Crosshairs on May 16, 2012, 12:59:43 PM
Good find and there good fun shooters. And about shipping parts a it's all about the $$$.
                              Mike  8)
thats good to know
how are the prices ? i think i called him once(last year) ,crosman gave me his number,ended up getting the parts locally.
the price of parts here are so cheap,really hate to see the shop go when it does.

sandpiper

Quote from: Crosshairs on May 16, 2012, 12:59:43 PM
                              Mike  8)

I second that. Talked to him last night. Talking to him again tonight. Thanks for the recommendation Mike.

arkmaker †

Quote from: 1377x on May 16, 2012, 04:46:40 PM
the price of parts here are so cheap,really hate to see the shop go when it does.

Career Change!!!!!
We can call you for parts...........buy him out when he retires!!  ;)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

sandpiper

Quote from: arkmaker on May 16, 2012, 10:07:16 PM
Career Change!!!!!

1377x Repair Center!
I want a discount  ;)

arkmaker †

That would be awesome. I would do it in a heartbeat, but my wifey would have a broomstick beat for me if I did  ;D ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on May 16, 2012, 10:07:16 PM
Career Change!!!!!
its funny you said that.i just got back from the shop he said the same thing

on another note
i got the reseal kit and i am about ready to start the reseal
i thought i could get away with getting just the co2 seal but every seal in the gun was either mush or krispy
the kit ran $9,so while i was there i got a 1389/2289 forearm,a transfer port and gasket its the 3rd one i bought in a month ,keep loosing them, some more breech screws hope i dont loose these either,keep loosing them just like i lost the last 3 accustoms breech screws.
i need to slow down when working
well i will get some pics up when finished

1377x

ok
got this thing sealed up
put a cart in no leaks!!!
now how the heck do you load this thing? ???
i tried the way the manual says and just cant do it >:(
i tried wadcutters and destroyer ex
:-[ :-[ :-[
got it now!

sandpiper

I try not to use anything with a point just in case the pellet sits too far forward. If it catches the frame it'll cause the little ramps on the magazine to wear and eventually you'll end up with a timing issue. You should be able to pull the loading slide back and although awkward, place the pellet in and allow the slide to push it in. Is it not working properly?

Crosshairs

Did your seals look like this. Here is one that i just rebuilt a few weeks ago.
                      Mike  8)

1377x

Quote from: Crosshairs on May 17, 2012, 03:56:51 AM
Did your seals look like this. Here is one that i just rebuilt a few weeks ago.
                      Mike  8)
yepper!
looks like the same person that had mine had yours too  ;D ;D
mine were dried out and the ones that werent they was like mush

Crosshairs

Quote from: 1377x on May 17, 2012, 05:12:56 AM
yepper!
looks like the same person that had mine had yours too  ;D ;D
mine were dried out and the ones that werent they was like mush
Sucker shoots hard now and no leak i think these are very cool looking air guns.
                                             Mike