M4177 Has It Run It's Course?

Started by BDS, May 22, 2012, 10:21:59 PM

BDS

So... when this little rifle first came out, many of us jumped all over it, me included. I liked the looks of it and the rifled barrel but... I could not get it to like any of my pellets or place e'm within 3" of the bull! So.. back she went to PA before the 30 day limit.  :(

So.. here we are, many months later and I'm wondering... has anyone had really good success with the accuracy of this rifle? Any mods, paint jobs, new valves, etc, etc you would like to brag on?  8) Any good pics to post here?

Or... has it run it's course  ???
Brian

1377x

another member here had one that he couldnt find a pellet it liked
if you cruise gta ,check out shadows gun he camo'd it added a scope, it has been a pesting machine. its as accurate as can be and he is using gamo hunters :o most guns dont like them but his does
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on May 22, 2012, 10:42:23 PM
another member here had one that he couldnt find a pellet it liked
if you cruise gta ,check out shadows gun he camo'd it added a scope, it has been a pesting machine. its as accurate as can be and he is using gamo hunters :o most guns dont like them but his does

Ya, seen Shadow's, he's a camo man for sure.

You would think Crosman would "tune" their barrels to like their own pellets? Most of my 13xx and 22xx like e'm.
Brian

1377x

i really wanted a 417
just dont need swat and atf throwing grenades at me thinking its the real deal m4
there was a couple of guys showing off the pistols at the end of my alley,they have carry permits.here its open or concealed preferred
someone called the police.atf showed up first followed by the uniformed local police.it was the first time in the guys lives they had any contact with the law.it was a funny site to me because they were scared i think i even smelled them ;) ;D
anyhow the law saw they had carry permit asked them keep their guns concealed and told them they really dont have to but if they dont they could run into this situation again

BDS

Ya, at 10 meters or less, it looks plenty like an M4 or 16. :D

Used to think that was a just an ol fuddy-duddy deal but, not in today's climate. My shootin range at home is on one side of the inside of the garage that has a man door out the back. About 50 yards total with the first 25 yards inside and the last (and targets) outside. Keeps down the noise (+ LDCs) and keeps down the visibility to near zero from the neighbors as far as the gun visuals go. :-*
Brian

BerkshireHunter

I don't know - I was on the fence but ended up buying one.

Couldn't really get the accuracy level I wanted with it (the sights just seemed off) so I ordered the UTG carry handle sight made of aluminum. It should be a nice upgrade, I'll have to post some accuracy results. I greased the trigger action and did a little sear polishing, but it's still incredibly long and creepy. I don't think the trigger can be helped much. I quieted the pump arm down with some velcro.

Things Crosman can improve on: rails, move the useless ones and add more on top or the sides so that you can pump it. And maybe a longer collapsible stock. Oh and the trigger, but that'll never happen.

And yeah, Shadow's gun is awesome -partly why I got mine.  :)

1377x

Quote from: BDS on May 22, 2012, 11:48:20 PM
Ya, at 10 meters or less, it looks plenty like an M4 or 16. :D

Used to think that was a just an ol fuddy-duddy deal but, not in today's climate. My shootin range at home is on one side of the inside of the garage that has a man door out the back. About 50 yards total with the first 25 yards inside and the last (and targets) outside. Keeps down the noise (+ LDCs) and keeps down the visibility to near zero from the neighbors as far as the gun visuals go. :-*

i had to get a ldc for my 13xx
it was so loud,it was heard clearly a block away.people that heard it thought we was shooting a 22lr.i just laughed and thought it kicks like one too

i have new neighbors that i havent met yet,they are one of the reasons i have chronied my guns.cant do it inside anymore to many breakables everywhere.if something comes up shattered guess who gets the blame :o

mr007s

Got the Grandson one for Christmas, the stock broke off before  the day was over. PA sent a new one but we were pretty PO'ed by then. I dont want or need one.

arkmaker †

I said I wasn't going to get one and then one day in Wally World, I found myself paying for one!!! Still in the box except for a few shots in the backyard. I never really had the urge to dig into it. BUT.......sometime I would like to figure out a Co2 conversion for it. Not much of a pumper guy  ???
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

I love mine and it will shoot just about any pellet.
                            Mike  8)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7r2PilcBRKY#]Crosman M417 Shooting[/url]
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BDS

Quote from: arkmaker on May 23, 2012, 12:46:56 AM
I said I wasn't going to get one and then one day in Wally World, I found myself paying for one!!! Still in the box except for a few shots in the backyard. I never really had the urge to dig into it. BUT.......sometime I would like to figure out a Co2 conversion for it. Not much of a pumper guy  ???

Ya, seems like there would be plenty of room inside for some creative co2 work?

Brian

BerkshireHunter

I just found this video... only a few days old and already many views. But unfortunately, it seems he has a "detuned" Canadian version.   :o
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_0grKCOmX0&feature=relmfu#]Crosman M4-177 Multi-pump .177 Pellet Air Rifle Table Top & Shooting Review[/url]

1377x

wow!
i didnt think you could have a gun like that in canada ???

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on May 24, 2012, 05:57:33 AM
wow!
i didnt think you could have a gun like that in canada ???

Why Not ???
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on May 24, 2012, 03:54:04 PM
Why Not ???
i was thinking it was like some of the EU countries that dont allow airgunds that look like real firearms
maybe the UK is like that ,too? how about it UK?can you have ag's that look like firearms