M4177 Has It Run It's Course?

Started by BDS, May 22, 2012, 10:21:59 PM

Crosshairs

I heard one of the members say it looks to real for them to own one.  ???
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BDS

Quote from: Crosshairs on May 24, 2012, 08:10:01 PM
I heard one of the members say it looks to real for them to own one.  ???

"Too" real  ???

Isn't that like Too much money, or car goes Too fast?  ;D
Brian

BerkshireHunter

Has anyone put a TKO ldc on one? I was looking at mine, and if you cut the plastic barrel shroud where I drew the red line, you'd have about 1.5" of barrel exposed to attach a brake. Or you could cut it less to make it a more streamlined seamless fit. Seems easy enough, you'd just have to take the forearm off so you could drive out the friction pin and remove that barrel shroud, then cut with a hack saw.  8)

BDS

That whole front end "clamshell" just unscrews into halves and the flash arrestor comes right off too. Yes, I had the 6.5" TKO LDC on mine, knocked down the noise by 80%-ish, much like the effect of the TKO on a 1377 pistol.
Brian

Crosshairs

It fits you just need to remove the fake supressor.

BerkshireHunter

Nice, that looks pretty cool Mike! Another neat feature about the gun is the removable stock. It might make it a little bit more like the old "backpacker." With stock removed, you might be able to conceal it in a backpack when hiking (albeit with the barrel hanging out the top.) I don't know, it can be compact.  :-*

Adam77K

Quote from: 1377x on May 24, 2012, 06:47:12 PM
i was thinking it was like some of the EU countries that dont allow airgunds that look like real firearms
maybe the UK is like that ,too? how about it UK?can you have ag's that look like firearms

We can indeed, and this Crosman has proved quite popular with a new generation who might never have bought a "traditional" pumper.

It's an amusing, and unintended quirk of different pieces of legislation bumping against each other. 

You cannot sell, manufacture or import a realistic imitation firearm (RIF) unless you have one of the statutory defenses in the VCRA (reenactor, theatre/film/tv production, licenced airsoft skirmisher etc).  So that is one piece of legislation which in practical terms means you can't buy an airsoft replica unless it's clear or >50% brightly coloured, or you have an appropriate piece of paper.  The other pieces of legislation are the various firearms acts which define what is and is not a firearm.  In UK law, an airgun is a firearm, it is just one which does not require a licence as long as it is below the relevant power limit.

So if a replica rifle's muzzle energy is less than 12 ft.lbs (or 6 for a pistol) but more than some magic limit (whose exact value is a little bit of a grey area, but is generally accepted to be 1 joule), suddenly hey presto you can buy a full replica without it being brightly coloured!  It can't be an imitation firearm if it is a firearm!  ;)

So, consequences of this are: if you buy an orange airsoft rifle, and paint it black you are manufacturing a RIF and committing an offence.  If you boost its power you are manufacturing an airgun which is not an offence (as long as you're not doing it as a trade or business), but then you can paint it black, or camo or whatever to make it look more real, without committing an offence.  It's barmy, and I imagine exactly what the drafters of the VCRA didn't intend, (they basically wanted to take realistic replicas off the streets) but it serves 'em right for not getting their facts right first. 

I love my country but you really couldn't make this stuff up.  ;D

BDS

Holy Smokes... :D That's quite the load (and I mean that as in a "load") of legislation you fellas have to deal with  >:(

Glad that we can still have our way with airguns down here and even more so with our powder burners out here in the wild west (Idaho, not Cali-foreign-ya)

Chairman O and his clones have pretty much screwed up NY, NJ, CT and most of the east coast and IL with their minions at the local levels but, we are still hanging tough out here.
Brian

BerkshireHunter

So here is my M4-77 so far.

All I did internally was add some grease to the trigger group and action, trigger pull is serviceable.  ;D

Added:
-UTG carry handle sight  -big improvement over plastic one
-WE-Tech Nylon Fiber stock (had to shim buffer tube slightly and shimmed bottom screw on collapse lever to get rid of play. Is perfect now.)
-Rubber recoil pad (I got it for slight length of pull extension)

Before:

After:

I'm resisting the temptation to get a refurb and add an offset picatinny rail for more accessories and a scope.  :D  :-*

arkmaker †

I am debating on if I should bring my M417 with me to Virginia. Just got word that my son and grandson will be stopping in for a couple of days. I have the Marlin bb rifle ready and I think I will bring one of the 1077's for them as well, but I am not so sure about the M417. My grandson is 12. What do you guys think??

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

ginoe

oooOoooOooOooOo.  :o bulk fill & an LDC?!

i would shoot mine more often...PLEASE, enlighten me.

kinda hot now to be pumping, been shooting springers lately (oh, & my newly bulked 357).

Crosshairs

As you all no i love my M417 i do shoot it a lot and it is still working like new i really bought it for it's looks for my love of replica guns but to my suprise it shoots very well. We all heard bad and good about these guns the plastic dont really bother me  , so i would love to see a semi auto bulk Co2 / PCP set up come along.
                                  Mike  ???

the old guy

Okay Mr. Rich we've all heard you talk about doing the conversion, but we haven't seen anything yet.  So after you take it down and let your grandkids play with it bring it home and get started on the conversion.  Mines nearly new and I doubt that I put 100 pellets through it.  And you say you don't like to pump that makes me at least three times lazier.  So let's get cracking and give us some updates on your progress.  And don't think about postponing this for too long, I know where you live.

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

BerkshireHunter

Got around to adding a 5.25" LDC w/ 3 set screws. TKO's are fine quality and it seems to be dampening noise pretty well.  :-*