Rogue Thoughts

Started by woody67, June 13, 2012, 03:56:31 PM

BDS

Quote from: woody67 on June 13, 2012, 09:44:11 PM
For one I think they should offer one that doesn't have the electronic system. It's one more thing to break, and it's definitely one thing that will not last as long as the gun will. I think it's silly, especially since it's on a hunting rifle. Hunting rifles go through a lot, even when they are taken care of properly. I've never had a problem shooting without an electronic system, I can't see it making that big of a difference that I'd find it necessary to have on a gun.

Also, I think they should offer a different type of stock. Not everyone is a fan of the tactical style stock/pistol grip combination. A nice wooden stock with well placed contours would be great, and would make the gun look more serious. Now that I think of it, if they took away the electronic system and put on a really nice wood stock they could keep it the same price and people would buy it. I don't think I'd hesitate even half as much to buy it then.....

Ya, with the changes you noted, the quality and capability would have to be in the Daystate or Theoben class of airguns. Those guns are anywhere from $900 to $1299 depending and, the Daystate guns now have on-board computers and electronic triggers (the comp readout is miniaturized and subdued looking) and the guns are real walnut and polished blue steel!  :-*
Brian

hstedman

I asked a similar question on the Yellow forum. When the Evanix Max was just coming out, everyone was saying "hopefully this one doesn't go the same way as the Rogue", so I had to ask what was so wrong with the Rogue. They said that it was Crosman's attempt at bringing more powder-burners to airguns and that not many devoted airgunners bought the gun (probably because real devoted airgunners like the ones who use this forum etc. know where to find better deals). So nobody really knows how many Rogues have been sold to the PB crowd, probably a lot, but maybe very few, and only a couple people have mentioned killing game with it, like that coyote mentioned earlier. IMO Crosman needs a big bore thats much cheaper. Lay off the silly synthetic stocks and electronics, leave the electronics for daystate. Crosman should do something that would be like the Benjamin Discovery of big bore air guns- a simple big bore PCP that undercuts all the other big bores by $100 or so and can bring big bore airgunning to many more people. Then they can release their high-priced high-tech Rogue 2.0 for people who wanted something more than the cheaper big bore- easy money for Crosman. Whatever, just my 2 cents though.

Colt25

I would buy a condor. People shoot it farther than 200 yards!

1377x

Quote from: woody67 on June 13, 2012, 06:26:23 PM
I do like the fact that the rogue gives huge power, and I love that it isn't a 'single load' gun... But I really think I like the talon tuned airforce guns are much nicer. I think shot count is lower by a lot, and the pellet size maxes at .25 (i think) which makes them a lot cheaper to shoot than the Rogue.

If I spend that much on an airgun, it will be this one:
did you see the video i posted about the 1300fpe condor that shoots a 1000gr projectile?
they shoot arrows straight and true for 50yds ,also.tested by the ag doctor/surgeon
the size only stops at AF then the aftermarket takes over.
they are like crosmans a lot of mods can be done to them
im not a fan of their looks but the power that can be had seems second to none imo.
closed mouths dont get fed

SaiCo

First of all, the ugly factor. I think (JMO) a trigger group like the 2260, so can use traditional style wood stock. And a more subtle electronics interface. So it's less like an LCD clock stuck on side of rifle. Different style/color pistol grip and fore end. Desert tan is "hot" right now, I get it. BUT I am not in the desert.
Secondly, some sort of cable i/o for interface with laptop. Make programming rifle easier for specific bullets. So when you find the one that works best for you, can program for different power levels.

This is all off top of my head, it probly seems rambling. Hope it's understandable.
Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

Beagleman

First of all, it is ugly. It is also very big, so it is not practical. For example, if I were out hunting boar, and one charged me, odds are I could not get a shot on it. The price is WAY to high, I could by 2 of my Benelli Supernova's
and still have money to buy boxes of ammo! The power is good, but really, most people think they need weapons like this to kill a boar, meanwhile I know my .22 long rifle which is like a million years old and probably worth 50 bucks is more accurate and can kill anything this gun can kill. 
***Crosman 1377***Crosman 2400kt***.......***Crosman 2200 magnum***.......***Crosman Phantom***.......***Crosman 1077***.......***Gamo Shadow Express***.......***An Old Chinese gun (I dont know the model)***.

KevinP

Quote from: Beagleman on June 14, 2012, 09:03:22 PM
First of all, it is ugly. It is also very big, so it is not practical. For example, if I were out hunting boar, and one charged me, odds are I could not get a shot on it. The price is WAY to high, I could by 2 of my Benelli Supernova's
and still have money to buy boxes of ammo! The power is good, but really, most people think they need weapons like this to kill a boar, meanwhile I know my .22 long rifle which is like a million years old and probably worth 50 bucks is more accurate and can kill anything this gun can kill.

Well you could fit it with a bayonet ..... it is ... well  ... not attractive and very big ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

sorry..couldn't post both pics.... bump
Brian

BDS

Quote from: BDS on June 14, 2012, 10:55:52 PM
Ya, $1299 + SCBA Tank + Ammo +, + and you are quickly shouting at $1700 to own...what?  ???

And BTW, a $1700 rig ought to look like the attached, premium steel and wood rifle, not a plastic, tan camo toy.  :D
Brian

1377x

there is a guy on a power burner gun forum who tested one of a first run rogue
i want to say he took a deer but really cant remember. someone posted the link on an airgun forum i cant recall either.stupid meds make stupid people   :-[ :P ;D

BDS

Ya, a few fellas around the web have posted deer, coyote and javelina (pig) shot with it and I'm sure it does the job if the pressure/charge is up to snuff. At some point though, the cost cannot even begin to be justified unless... it's a must have for the buyer. Or... the buyer has $2-$3k per week to play with on his toys and the ful kit of $2000 doesn't even phase him?  :D

At the same time, you could also argue similarly against the Daystate and Theoben airguns as compared to higher-end .22 LRs with trick stocks and optics? Except... IMO, they are at least reall wood and steel and close cousins to their PB counterparts.

Still, I can't quite get the whole being far afield with maybe 10 or 15 shots max? And who's carrying the 35 pound SCBA bottle for the re-charge? Oh ya, Jim Shockey has a local guide and porter to handle the equipment... silly me!  ;D
Brian

1377x

yeah if its a must have
reminds me of a conversation i had with a guy who keeps a very high powered airgun because its the only gun he can legally own

eric

some people just like to say  ---- joe " I took that with an airgun ! " billy bob --- "really !" joe --- "Yeah ,man a .357 !"  sorry joe and billy bob
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

BerkshireHunter

Crosman just posted this review:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj5Aq7bz-tI&feature=youtu.be#]Benjamin Rogue .357 - The world's most powerful production air rifle[/url]
It's toward the bottom of 'guns I want list.' But it is cool.

1377x

Quote from: BerkshireHunter on June 18, 2012, 03:30:53 AM
Crosman just posted this review:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj5Aq7bz-tI&feature=youtu.be#]Benjamin Rogue .357 - The world's most powerful production air rifle[/url]
It's toward the bottom of 'guns I want list.' But it is cool.
the worlds most powerful production air rifle
can they boast that title?