Ya Gotta Love Charles Mellon's Humor

Started by BDS, June 27, 2012, 11:01:40 PM

AZAG

I didn't get a shipping notice. It just showed up in the mailbox, and was a nice surprise.

arkmaker †

I got lucky. I ordered a 12" barrel and got it in 3 days, regular post!! Which reminds me, time to make the donuts,,err, pumper!! ;)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

he sent me an email letting me know my order shipped.that surprised me because i was just waiting, didnt bother him about eta
closed mouths dont get fed

Trophyhunter49

I placed an order on 8/3 and at the time his web page said 3 weeks. I emailed him the 1st of the week and his reply was IT'S IN THE PILE! I thought that he had the parts in stock, all but cuttin and crowning the barrel. So I sit and wait.  I think there is a big differnce in HUMOR and being RUDE! A person in business needs a better additude than that.

mr007s

Well guys, I have been on both sides of the fence, both buying and selling. My selling is small time, just a CO2 cap here and there. Believe me, dealing with the public can be very time consuming. I spend bunches of time answering PM's and e-mails and try to be very accurate and answer back in a timely, courteous manner. I can see where CM (being that he has a huge customer base) could give some short, curt answers. He just doesn't have the time to spend typing all day if he expects to get the parts out. I have had several instances where 12 to 15 emails were exchanged concerning the CO 2 caps and then the party never ordered or closed out with "thanks he decided not to get one". Even a short reply can eat up 5 minutes at the speed I type so 12 replies would eat up an hour (it is often more than that) of my time with no return, other than I have been nice to the fellow and hopefully he will return at some point in time.

So we should all be easy on Charles, Don and others that supply neat parts that we all want. If they quit, where will we get our fix then?

Thanks for letting me ramble, mr007s

arkmaker †

Quote from: mr007s on August 30, 2012, 10:56:06 PM
Well guys, I have been on both sides of the fence, both buying and selling. My selling is small time, just a CO2 cap here and there. Believe me, dealing with the public can be very time consuming. I spend bunches of time answering PM's and e-mails and try to be very accurate and answer back in a timely, courteous manner. I can see where CM (being that he has a huge customer base) could give some short, curt answers. He just doesn't have the time to spend typing all day if he expects to get the parts out. I have had several instances where 12 to 15 emails were exchanged concerning the CO 2 caps and then the party never ordered or closed out with "thanks he decided not to get one". Even a short reply can eat up 5 minutes at the speed I type so 12 replies would eat up an hour (it is often more than that) of my time with no return, other than I have been nice to the fellow and hopefully he will return at some point in time.

So we should all be easy on Charles, Don and others that supply neat parts that we all want. If they quit, where will we get our fix then?

Thanks for letting me ramble, mr007s

+1

As for Charlie? Just smile! I truly think it is just his humor as well as his way of explaining at the same time. Maybe because I was brought up in New England and the dry humor was aquired over many years, something akin to liking scotch.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Trophyhunter49

Well when I emailed him I was very polite and addressed him as MR. and said Thank you very much for your time.  I guess bein rased in the South his dry humor is not what I'm use to. Do not want make anyone mad at me of hurt anybody's feelings. That's just the it came over to me! I sure don't to be banned from here, there's to much knowledge here, and I need all the help I can get at times. And I love to read the post and try to take part when I can!

1377x

with charlie having the lowest prices on the block and very little vendors to fill orders its a wonder he gets anything done
i bet if he raised his prices to that of other vendors his customer base would shrink
he should update his page to include the custom hammers as the p-rod trigger group is gaining popularity.that should cut down on some traffic also
where would we be without cmellon,donc,mountainair,etc
we would be paying $80 to a machinist to make us a piston
appreciate the vendors that try to be current on their listing.we could get stuck with vendors that will take our money and file bankruptcy or take our money and say its in the mail then 6 months later it ships
heck i remember when charlie dropped out of sight and did his hunting long before he had a website
i had to post a where you at charlie? thread on the green.he responded and i got my piston a few days later.his only competitor was accustoms they pretty much split the cheap piston market base.when accustoms left the scene cmellon got those customers and has been back logged ever since
i have the time, not the equipment.if i did you would calling me for parts.believe me i know how consuming business can be.
when i used to install automobile electronics i did it at half the price as everyone else, twice as fast and better.
i was the reason many shops had to drop their prices to get customers.a few shops tried to recruit me
closed mouths dont get fed