1322 and Walmart

Started by seagullplayer, July 13, 2012, 02:15:09 PM

Crosshairs

Quote from: seagullplayer on July 26, 2012, 04:17:14 PM
Got to spend a little time with my new gun, made two adjustments to the open sights, painted the front blade site and she shoots where I aim.  Pretty happy, seems to pack a pretty good punch.
This will be my new woods buddy, not planning many external changes, at least not anything that will keep it from fitting my holster.   ;)

For sure they do shoot nice. I like the holster.
                                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

seagullplayer

I have posted this before, but this is the holster in action, it works pretty good.  It is just the $7 crosman holster you get off the shelf, cut a few stitches out of the bottom, then I installed a black zip tie to keep it from ripping out further.  The pictures are my 1377 before I scoped it.

Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

seagullplayer

I can't believe this was six years ago!   :o

My 1322 still shoots great, I still get it out now and again.

The holster is still holding up fine.

My oldest grandson just turned five, won't be long before he will "need" one.   :P
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Tater

Quote from: seagullplayer on July 19, 2018, 04:33:57 PM
I can't believe this was six years ago!   :o

My 1322 still shoots great, I still get it out now and again.

The holster is still holding up fine.

My oldest grandson just turned five, won't be long before he will "need" one.  :P

Very cool!
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Multigunner

Interesting repurposing of that holster. I'd been considering finding a holster for my S&W 78g and I already have a couple of holsters like yours that I use for airsoft guns. It should fit well enough for my purposes.

With this crazy dire wolf looking dog I have now I can't set a pistol aside on my table long enough to set up new targets or cans. She'd definitely make off with it.

I put a 5 gal drywall bucket full of rocks in a hole she started under the fence and she pulled the bucket out of the hole and chewed it to bits. She also dragged off some seven foot logs. Neck like an Ox, teeth like a lion.

I did try using the Leather one size fits all electric drill holster I use when working on the fence. It worked well enough but is bulky and loose fitting. I used it with a Colt Walker once. It has extra internal snaps to adjust size and shape and the safety strap can be unsnapped from either side for right or left handed wear..

seagullplayer

It is really hard to break a dog of chewing on stuff and tearing stuff up, good luck.
Maybe a shock collar?

I use to carry my 1322 anytime I was outside, but I have other options when I go to the woods.  We have many more coyotes around than just a few years ago.  They could/would easily kill our small dog that is often with me.

But I do still carry it when I'm on my mower and often my tractor. 

There was/is a guy around the forum that makes really nice leather holsters.   But it is hard to beat six bucks for a usable holster.
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

CO2Freak

I recently acquired a new 1322 too and I love it ! The fit and finish is just perfect for such an affordable pumper...

I like the idea of the holster btw, something that needs to get investigated  ;)

The big question of course is..., have you modded the 1322 in those 6 years ???  :-*

crossliner

Speaking of modding, mine stayed basic for several months after I bought 1 from AOA when I was in AZ last Thanksgiving.

I just opened it and let it collect dust in the cabinet for a long time.

I remember modding it about a month and a half ago.

Now it has Magnum Air Power, Alchemy, and Don Cothran parts.

The trigger frame I got from Alchemy has a texture, which matches the plastic cover--in short, it is beautiful. Right now, he sells the smooth matte version, which holds no appeal to me.

The 13xx stainless pin from Alchemy is also a must! It sits flushed and the button head screws on each side look really cute  :-* I deburred and polished it as I do all my screws.

Regarding the Don Cothran parts, they are exemplary, bar none  :-* I love this machinist of a man  :)

I also like the MAP parts (e.g., custom springs and pins, and the no-need-to-shim Super Thick Sear). MAP is also a great seller and ships fast!

Love this carbine, especially with the Donny FL '"pickle" and the all-steel deep black nitrided adapter from the Polish guy Sklep Militaria :-*

Tater

Beautiful gun crossliner.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Multigunner

Been needing a cheek piece since I got my aluminum receiver and added a scope. I made a temporary but very comfortable substitute by wrapping a piece of split foam pipe insulator with black duct tape. I fitted it over the top rail then compressed it hard while wrapping it tight. Perfect cheek weld and sight picture now.

thestarlingassassin

Quote from: Multigunner on August 29, 2018, 09:06:17 AM
Been needing a cheek piece since I got my aluminum receiver and added a scope. I made a temporary but very comfortable substitute by wrapping a piece of split foam pipe insulator with black duct tape. I fitted it over the top rail then compressed it hard while wrapping it tight. Perfect cheek weld and sight picture now.

im doing the same thing lol

but ive thought about using a handlebar pad for a bicycle,

foam inside and a velcro covering. should work well
will test airguns for free :)

Multigunner

Quote from: thestarlingassassin on August 29, 2018, 07:31:59 PM

im doing the same thing lol

but ive thought about using a handlebar pad for a bicycle,

foam inside and a velcro covering. should work well

They used to make a pad for the upper tube of a bike frame that had foam tube padding with a plastic cover held on by a line of snaps. Looked for one of these several times but couldn't find one.

rws_53