1322 and Walmart

Started by seagullplayer, July 13, 2012, 02:15:09 PM

seagullplayer

All the stars lined up just right (and my wife was in a good mood  :P) and I ordered a 1322 from Wally world online to be shipped to my local store.  This makes shipping free.

Been wanting a .22 pistol for a while now, will be glad to see it arrive.  I "plan" to leave this gun pretty stock, at least on the outside.  With the additions I have done to my 1377 it is no longer handy to carry as a side arm around the "farm".

I ordered it last night, from what I understood should be two day shipping to my area.  I will report on the process and how I like the gun after it comes in.   :-*

Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

Xgecko

I did the same when I bought my 1377...check out the winchester spinning targetin the sports/hunting/fishing section...lots of fun
The earth without ART is just "eh"

1377x

you can chuck that plan in the circular file bin
you know you at the very least need a flat top piston and valve
anyways
congrats be sure to give us a range report when it touches your hands
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Congrats to your new 1322. I said the same thig about my 1322. ;D But you know how that goes.
                                  Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

sandpiper

Congrats  :) There's nothing like the 1322. The pellets are easy to grab/load and it's nice and accurate. The trigger is a bit gritty but if handy a little polishing of the trigger/sear makes this an awesome pistol and will increase accuracy even more so than it already is  :-* I added a polished "empty" 22LR shell to the top of the sear spring and it made a huge difference with feel. Now that my internet is back up I'll have to post a pic.

seagullplayer

I would love to see some detail on how to make my trigger better on both my 1377 and upcoming 1322.

I am sure there is something here on the site if someone could just point the way...
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

sandpiper

Quote from: seagullplayer on July 14, 2012, 12:16:01 PM
I would love to see some detail on how to make my trigger better on both my 1377 and upcoming 1322.

I am sure there is something here on the site if someone could just point the way...

Do you have a buffing wheel? Or a dremel with a polishing wheel? Also, check out the Gritty trigger post I recently made. There's a pic of the mod I did on my 1322. 1377x posted his mod pic as well. I'll try to do a detailed vid in the near future. Use caution when removing material.

1377x

yeah im working on my trigger also
you can make itlighter/ better but imo it is still mushy.the p-rod trigger group is the best mod you can do for the 13xx

Tater

Quote from: sandpiper on July 14, 2012, 02:12:11 PM
Do you have a buffing wheel? Or a dremel with a polishing wheel? Also, check out the Gritty trigger post I recently made. There's a pic of the mod I did on my 1322. 1377x posted his mod pic as well. I'll try to do a detailed vid in the near future. Use caution when removing material.

I would LOVE to see a video like that. If possible, please do show even the basic disassembly steps. It would be a big help for me and other total noobs.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

seagullplayer

Gun came in yesterday to my local Wally world.  Picked it up last night, don't have much to report yet, just that ordering from them was pretty pain free.  I just printed a copy of the last E-mail they sent me, and showed my ID when I picked it up.

Just had time to open the package last night, I will try and report more later.  I am excited to see what it will do.
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

seagullplayer

I got to sight my new 1322 in tonight.  After about 15 shots or so it started repeating well enough to move the rear sight.  It was pretty dry when I opened it up, don't know how long it might have been on the shelf.  I oiled it before I started.

I am pretty happy with it, and it fits my holster!  I don't plan on changing the sights or really anything on the outside of the gun, I want to continue to be able to carry it around the "farm" i the holster.

I do plan on looking at how to peek the power out a little, I am open to ideas.

I did notice that the safety pin has a red ring to indicate it is ready to fire, my 1377 does not.

I still need ti dab some white paint on the front sight, if you can count that as a change...
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

1377x

iirc someone here made their 13xx shoot like it had a flat top set up
it involved taking a little off the top of the cone so the piston cup could mate with the cone's shelf better and stuffing the piston,that i tried it did help
myself i prefer to use a flat top set up for more power

seagullplayer

Quote from: 1377x on July 20, 2012, 03:30:07 AM
iirc someone here made their 13xx shoot like it had a flat top set up
it involved taking a little off the top of the cone so the piston cup could mate with the cone's shelf better and stuffing the piston,that i tried it did help
myself i prefer to use a flat top set up for more power

I am thinking FT, but from where?  That Mellon air is saying four week lead time.  I would like to see a little better turn around.
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

1377x

Quote from: seagullplayer on July 20, 2012, 04:02:45 AM
I am thinking FT, but from where?  That Mellon air is saying four week lead time.  I would like to see a little better turn around.
its worth the wait! at his prices you know he is busy these days
for $30 you get a valve and piston from mellon anywhere else that will only get you a piston. you can get a long or hollow probe bolt and solid pin kit too if you want
mountainair has pistons and valves iirc it will be $50 before shipping.their pistons are made from delrin also.solid pivot pin available.i think they have a quick turn around time
airgunsmith has brass pistons and modded aluminum valves
crosmods dont know about their turn around time.their piston looks like it is metal
gmac they are outside the US dont know what delivery time would be

theres not many vendors for pistons and modded valves
i wish i had a lathe i would make pistons

seagullplayer

Got to spend a little time with my new gun, made two adjustments to the open sights, painted the front blade site and she shoots where I aim.  Pretty happy, seems to pack a pretty good punch.
This will be my new woods buddy, not planning many external changes, at least not anything that will keep it from fitting my holster.   ;)

Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177