Trigger Frame Work

Started by chongman, August 19, 2012, 05:30:12 AM

Tater

Wow!!
I can't believe I just now saw this thread. Not sure how I missed it but I'm drooling over here. Gorgeous grips sir. Thanks for posting pics too, you do great work.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Samba

Very nice. Quality craftsmanship.

BDS

Quote from: chongman on September 23, 2012, 02:08:48 PM
I got a lot done on the project this week. After some serious deliberation I decided to change my color for the frame. The red would have been nice but I wanted the finished look to be taken seriously. I took some semi-gloss black and added a bit of pearl to it and airbrushed on a couple of coats. The photos don't do it justice here but I'm digging it. I would still like to come back with some clear jut to give a bit of protection.

The reshaped walnut grips have gotten a few coats of tung oil. They still need to be worked with 0000 steel wool and another coat (maybe more) before I'm done. They won't have that much of a gloss look in the end, just want to fill the grain some more.

I'll be wrapping this project up shortly, my 2400KT is on the brown truck so I need the bench space!

Looks good and that was the right decision on the black vs. red coating on the frame, it's VERY hard to take a red gun "seriously"

PS, yes, clear coat it, it really pays off for durability.
Brian

0351_Vet

Bump for a great job Chongman  :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

spider1960

Great job....thanks for posting.

Spider

Crosman 167
1377 x 2 (mod.)

droid

Another bump here too  :-*

I just love a good trigger frame  :)

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk