1st time shooting impressions of the crosman 1377

Started by kb2rocket, August 23, 2012, 10:47:47 PM

kb2rocket

well I installed the Cocobolo gloss target grip and super pumper fore grip
it was a little stressful installing the fore grip using the brass pins rather than the roll pins due to 2 things as you tap in the brass pins they start to mushroom ever so slightly so I opted to not driving the pin end past the woods surface so as not to disturb the beautiful finish. then I pumped it up 10 times and dry fired it and it sounded like a weak fire cracker. I dont know if this is bad for the gun or not but I did it :P then I took it outside pumped it up loaded it and fired the sound was now reasonable I placed two pelets right next to each other just left of the bullseye .
pretty cool Im guessing it would take a very long time to shoot a tin of pellets seeing as how its a single shot + 10 pumps  :)
pretty fun little gun I can tell right away that I will need to get a metal breech and a scope as my eyes are not that great

1377x

the gun looks great with the wood furniture!!! 8)
i dont know about the tin lasting.once you get into a groove that tin empties pretty quick.parer usully gets 3-5 pumps you will be doing that in your sleep
steel breech or any aftermarket breech is a must scope too.i dont like the pistol scopes have to hold the gun st arms length to get the sight picture correct
myself i need a long eye relief rifle scope they have a 6" eye relief about what i need
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

kb2rocket

I dont really care for the look of these fore grips http://comfort-gun.com/images/products_big/crosman_1377_302_big.jpg but after pumping this gun for the first time I can understand why they would be far more functional it makes the angle more correct when you are at the end of the pump stroke and may make it more comfortable when aiming  the gun

BDS

+1 to that, they look outa place and heavy IMO, I like your RB Grips and Pumper waay better. Many of us got some of the old Crosman Backpacker, plastic pump handles before they became extinct. They were an ugly 70's green color but plastic paint took care of that.

Hey Ed... were those the 2289 or 1389 handles? Can't remember, olds-heimers is kickin in.  :D
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on August 23, 2012, 11:41:52 PM
+1 to that, they look outa place and heavy IMO, I like your RB Grips and Pumper waay better. Many of us got some of the old Crosman Backpacker, plastic pump handles before they became extinct. They were an ugly 70's green color but plastic paint took care of that.

Hey Ed... were those the 2289 or 1389 handles? Can't remember, olds-heimers is kickin in.  :D
in my closet waiting for the prices to sky rocket so i can gouge the crosman community :o :P
just kidding,that wasnt funny but sounded good! not  :P
i got the ones that were available here and sent them out to people who wanted them i have 1 complete set on my 2289g and
a bed linered 2289 pump arm and 1399 stock on the other 2289g.
1 1389 stock,no mounting holes, left at the shop the last i checked

1377x

Quote from: kb2rocket on August 23, 2012, 11:35:55 PM
I dont really care for the look of these fore grips http://comfort-gun.com/images/products_big/crosman_1377_302_big.jpg but after pumping this gun for the first time I can understand why they would be far more functional it makes the angle more correct when you are at the end of the pump stroke and may make it more comfortable when aiming  the gun
geez louise!
$310 for the 1377 set before shipping
i think i'll buy another glock pistol before i got those grips

kb2rocket

I am pretty sure that at some point I will try and make my own stock for my next project something very functional to make pumping easyer not that its so bad now but it could be better

onebaddj

Nice looking setup. These 1377 pistols are a ton of fun and super easy to work on making them dangerous to the wallet sometimes. Lol
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Crosshairs

Nice pumper i like the wood  :-*
                               Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!