Only if i had

Started by Crosshairs, August 28, 2012, 01:43:59 PM

arkmaker †

Time and tooling is where the money is when machining. Material cost you too, but as I see it time is the #1 cost. That is why Mellon is 2 weeks out on orders and others have bowed to the pressure of making things in a timely manner.

Charlie does it right. He makes a set product line and makes no promises on delivery times before the two weeks or if he will need longer, he says so. Muzzle Mac also re-grouped and is now diversifying into the PB world of aftermarket parts. I have a feeling that there is more money to be made there than in airguns.

Nope, when I do retire and make a few extra parts it will be on my terms and I'll make what I want (sort of like now). One project that I have been planning for the last year or so is a Benchrest 10m rifle. I look at the Edge and Anshutz and etc... and figure I could produce an extremely accurate rifle for the budget challenged air-gunner. Still a work in progress...........

All the above reflect the opinions of myself only and not that of our forum or its members, owners, administratos, etc...  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

like the disclaimer
firearm parts is where a lot of money is .i have been thinking of enrolling in a gunsmithing you learn everything there maching parts manufacturing stocks ,repairing stocks,welding everything you need to know.i think its a 2 year program,by the time your are you will have every tool neccessary .you are required to build 2 guns to graduate a long gun and a handgun.
i consider time is paid by the profit.these parts i want to build will be cheap to manufacture but will sell for top dollar.when i read the forums people say ill pay this much and i need a few,usually more than what i want to charge.
still kicking myself in the rear for not taking up my old boss' offer.he was going to teach machining and cnc operation put me to work in the shop
closed mouths dont get fed