do you think this sight will work in a steel breech

Started by 1377x, September 15, 2012, 07:57:22 AM

1377x

http://www.amazon.com/KENSIGHT-Rounded-Serrated-Blade-Sight/dp/B005G50LRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347688246&sr=8-1&keywords=lpa+sight

i think i might have read a long time ago that 1911 sights fit the steel breech ??? anyone know?
closed mouths dont get fed

Fronzdan

Interesting....I can take a look at my 1911 and see how it compares to the steel breech's dovetail.

1377x

droid

Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

droid

Dropped Gordon at GMAC an email this morning on the viability of machining some simple alloy rear sights to suit the steel breech.

None of my pistols have rear sights at the moment, I have also offered to take a small batch if it helps.

Fingers crossed

Gary

BTW, best I could find so far on rear sights to suit 3/8" is on the link below:

http://www.archerairguns.com/Rear-Field-Sight-p/aarfsight.htm
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

1377x

i see a lot of people have that sight on there guns
i thought the crosman breech has a hump?
i know there are some members here that industry sight
how do they fit it?
i guess i have some reading to do

Crosshairs

It should fit Ed i cant see why it wont.
                                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Fronzdan

My 1911 has a fixed sight, not an adjustable target sight.  The dovetail is much narrower than the one in a steel breech.  But it sure looks like that one will fit in a Crosman steel.  Is LPA a standard dovetail size?

jdub

Is it a press fit into the dovetail?   My .45 Combat Commander sight is.  Only slides in from one direction and requires a brass punch and gentle touch to install or remove it. 

The LPA Mim sight, on the other hand, has two grub screws screws to hold it in the very sloppy dovetail cut into the Crosman receiver.  As Brutuz first pointed out to me but I verified on my own gun, when those grub screws are tightened down the bottom of the LPA sight doesn't even touch the receiver.  You can see daylight.  Very loose fit.

If this sight is a press fit you may be out of luck.

1377x

Quote from: jdub on September 15, 2012, 09:12:00 PM
Is it a press fit into the dovetail?   My .45 Combat Commander sight is.  Only slides in from one direction and requires a brass punch and gentle touch to install or remove it. 

The LPA Mim sight, on the other hand, has two grub screws screws to hold it in the very sloppy dovetail cut into the Crosman receiver.  As Brutuz first pointed out to me but I verified on my own gun, when those grub screws are tightened down the bottom of the LPA sight doesn't even touch the receiver.  You can see daylight.  Very loose fit.

If this sight is a press fit you may be out of luck.
i think this means press fit
    Positive Detents
    No Locking Screw
    Fits Factory Dovetail
    Precise Adjustments

it being a press fit what makes the fit wrong
im trying to find a replacement for the lpa sight i know one of the other kind of sights will fit.there just has to be something different

jdub

Quote from: 1377x on September 15, 2012, 10:58:11 PM
i think this means press fit
    Positive Detents
    No Locking Screw
    Fits Factory Dovetail
    Precise Adjustments

it being a press fit what makes the fit wrong
im trying to find a replacement for the lpa sight i know one of the other kind of sights will fit.there just has to be something different
Here's the issue Brutuz pointed out to me.  The dovetail cut into the Crosman receiver is extremely sloppy.   I don't think you'll find anything that will press fit into it:

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,1622.msg13586.html#msg13586

1377x

i just need it to fit in the dovetail i dont know what standard dovetail means ???
if there is one thing that sticky stuff that holds in windshields in automobiles is good for its making things stay still that arent meant to