just got word

Started by 1377x, September 18, 2012, 09:40:53 PM

1377x

that my 2300 bottle baby tube will be coming home soon, hopefully i'll get it by monday at the latest
then the build starts
im going to make it a .25
looking into getting a marauder .25 barrel fitted into the steel breech.if that doesnt work out then i guess mountain air is going to get a call for one of their .25 set ups
more about the project will be in the tech section once i get the pieces together
WHOO HOO!
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1377x

i know im going to want to put it together right away but the tube needs refinishing i have (2) 2300 tubes and sent the wrong one in.it has some funny laser etching ,some crazy saying,on it i'll sand it down and use black primer for now and seal it with eezox.hopefully that will work i hate super glossy paint.the other tube doesnt have any laser etched name on it.im going to either sell it or use it for a future build

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

cant wait to show it off ;)
looking for a tank now.until i get one ill use an air source co2 88g cart.its getting cold so i need to start looking
bad news on the .25 marauder barrel none in stock but ordered that means i wont get the good old price and have to pay the now price
might as well save up a few more dollars and get a mountainair .25 kit

chongman

Good deal Ed, always nice to have parts inbound(thanks for mine ;))

These tank powered creations are cool to watch come together.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

mr007s

Hey Ed, have you considered a barrel from TOW. You can buy it by the inch, around 5 bucks per inch I think.

targettgii

Sounds very cool Ed. :-*And 007 who is TOW.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

1377x

Quote from: mr007s on September 19, 2012, 12:53:59 AM
Hey Ed, have you considered a barrel from TOW. You can buy it by the inch, around 5 bucks per inch I think.
TOW gets their barrel liners from TJ's.cut out the middle man and save some money.i have thought about it by the time i get the liner have it machined i should have started with the mountainair kit in the first place.i wanted to use the marauder .25 barrel because it is/was a greenmountain barrel not a liner.plus it would have been way cheaper to buy local.
FYI TOW is 35 minutes from me.i have just about everything i need for airgunning right here in less than an hours drive.
if you want TJ's info i can get it they dont do internet sales you can call them to get what you need

targettgii

Thanks Ed I too have been thinking about a 25 don't know though 1322 or 2240 hmm I have to call mountain air also.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

tinker

Sounds like a plan for a nice shooter! :-*  Hmm a .25 liner same diameter as a stock barrel. Stop sharing these ideas, got a BNM .25 block on hand too.  I thought I was done with building Disco based air guns  :-* :-*

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

1377x

Quote from: tinker on September 19, 2012, 05:45:02 AM
Sounds like a plan for a nice shooter! :-*  Hmm a .25 liner same diameter as a stock barrel. Stop sharing these ideas, got a BNM .25 block on hand too.  I thought I was done with building Disco based air guns  :-* :-*

Glen
you gotta do it!
JUST DO IT !!!!!!
the TJ/TOW .25auto barrel liner(sold by the inch) is what most use for the conversion. it's 7/16 the same as a crosman barrel and pellet friendly.add a leade and transfer port hole you are set.i dont have the tools to do it so i still need someone with the tools and the know how to get the job done
i really gotta find a bottle!!!
tracking says 3 days so looks like friday i'll be seeing my parts now i know how you guys feel when waiting for a package.good thing i have meds that make me sleep or else i might be up until friday :o :P ;D
the bottle people that have the hi pressure 1000-2400psi tanks want double the cost of a 850psi tank.i see they are adjustable with belleville washers.im going to pick up a $60 ninja tank add $12 worth of belleville washers and have 1500psi tank for $72 and some elbow grease
i saw the stack order on several different ag sites all saying the same thing so im going to give a shot
im a diy'r, this doesnt require special tooling to do it.on the website for the ninja tank it says it was made with the diy'r in mind

mr007s

I have an 18 inch TOW barrel on Stone Cold. Charles Mellon did the necessary machine work including a very sweet crown. This barrel has been very accurate. I have taken many squirrels at 75-80 yards with most being head shots. I love shooting it!

1377x

Quote from: mr007s on September 19, 2012, 10:54:28 PM
I have an 18 inch TOW barrel on Stone Cold. Charles Mellon did the necessary machine work including a very sweet crown. This barrel has been very accurate. I have taken many squirrels at 75-80 yards with most being head shots. I love shooting it!
did you know TOW gets their liners from TJ's?
T J's Enterprises. Phone: 859-635-5560 3652 Neltner Rd Alexandria, KY 41001
just about if not every barrel liner you see on TOW came from this guy
ordering from the source will save you money
i still might just order from TOW just because i believe it is good to support local business