just got word

Started by 1377x, September 18, 2012, 09:40:53 PM

ped

looking forward to seeing it
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

onebaddj

Thats awesome. Cant wait to see the finished gun and read all about it!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

1377x

alrighty,
just checked tracking on the 2300 tube
its in town hopefully will be out on delivery today
got the bottle and belleville washers ordered yesterday they should be here monday
the .25 maruader barrel should be here tuesday/wednesday then off to machining.
then i have two more projects i want to start

one is a crosman gun made completely without any crosman products.there are enough aftermarket products out there to build a complete crosman pistol without any crosman parts.how funny is that
last but not least the 9mm crosman build.i found my hogged out disco valve finally.i swear i found it in a box i already looked through.now its sitting in my current projects box.
it pushed a jsb monster(25.4gr) at 947.9fps for a WHOPPING 50FPE :o 
it should push a 77gr pellet perdy darn good
  more to come after these brief messages
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

Alright Ed  :-*

I'm really curious to see the "non-crosman crosman" pistol come together!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

Quote from: chongman on September 21, 2012, 09:17:58 PM
Alright Ed  :-*

I'm really curious to see the "non-crosman crosman" pistol come together!
tracking number says out for delivery
im waiting for my ride to come get so i can go home and wait for the package

i can give you the whole run down on the clone crosman thats what im goin to call either the clone or POD PISTOL like pod people from the invasion of the body snatchers movies
its going to be a
dc ss2260pcp tube
dc hammer
dc pa or maybe art-shack
one of my heavy hammer springs
bna boss disco valve and fill adapter
not sure on the breech im thinking maybe dc ss long breech.i want to go with a bnm breech but then ill need a crosman magazine
TJ barrel liner .25
crosmod trigger
that makes a crosman pistol without one crosman part.might make it a carbine if its to heavy
rides here gotta go

onebaddj

ats funny. A crosman pistol with no crosman parts. What are the dc parts? Not sure if i know that one.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

chongman

Quote from: onebaddj on September 22, 2012, 12:22:39 AM
ats funny. A crosman pistol with no crosman parts. What are the dc parts? Not sure if i know that one.

http://www.cothranmachine.com/
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

here it is peers!
the start of my bottle baby
oogie boogie has to go though ;D ;D
its a 2300 tube that has been machined to fit a disco valve securely.the end cap threads were cut off so all seals would be tight .it was then milled to accept a jdsairman adapter.for extra security a third retention bolt was added to the top of the adapter and tube
all machining was done over a 2+hour session on a lathe and milling machine
Lloyd-ss at the Airgun Lab did the custom fitting of the valve and adapter.  http://www.airgunlab.com/
he used high strength socket head screws.he even milled a slot in the valve for the breech screw.with a 22xx build because it uses the old 4-48 breech screw location a slot needs to be made so the valve misses the breech screw.ill get pics of that when i start the build thread in the tech section
  all i can say is Lloyd does excellent work with a fast turnaround
i have to mess with the settings on the camera to get better pics

tube and adapter

3rd retention bolt beats 2 and the other 2 that would be where there is very little meat

the retention holes for the disco valve

i am surprised the hole didnt cut into the oogie boogie,it cut into the crosman customs.
doesnt matter its going to be stripped and painted
dont know what color yet but im thinking translucent blue,that fake anodizing paint look.if i knew how to do camo patterns i would go that route
more to come after these brief messages.be sure to turn that dial to catch the detailed build in the co2/pcp/hpa tech section

Crosshairs

Man that looks like nice work Ed.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

RUSTER

Menaldi CO2,Leapers 6x9x50,utg bipod
KAFEMA .177 (1960 MOD)
Crosman 1377
Crosman 417,Shilba 4x32
QB57,Tasco 3x9x40

1377x

thanks! cant wait till my tank and bellville washers get here.then i can at least put everything together and shoot it until my .25 marauder barrel is ready
thanks to chongman i now know what oogie boogie is.i think oogie boogie stays for now ;)
im debating on  running down to the ag shop and get a disco rear end cap and make a pa out of it of just order one
i just bought a bunch of sandpaper for nothing now.oh well ill find a use for it and if oogie boogie has to go im ready

tinker

Ed, very nice machine work.  The build is going to be awesome :-* :-*
My Ninja 13 cui bottle came with a spring in the regulator and so I changed the spring out with washers & shims from McMasters.  Also the bottle had the wrenches and instructions!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

1377x

Quote from: tinker on September 22, 2012, 10:39:22 PM
Ed, very nice machine work.  The build is going to be awesome :-* :-*
My Ninja 13 cui bottle came with a spring in the regulator and so I changed the spring out with washers & shims from McMasters.  Also the bottle had the wrenches and instructions!

Glen
thank's
Lloyd Sikes(Lloyd s-s) of airgunlabs did the machine work.he used a lathe and mill to cut the tube and holes.he even milled a slot in the disco valve so i can use it with an old 4-48 breech screw location tube
i forgot to take pics of the slot he did on the valve.very proffesional
my tank also came with the spring also,it came in yesterday.that was some fast shipping.i ordered some belleville washers from fastenal they are the same ones mcmaster-carr has stainless steel
they should be here tomorrow.i have to go to the store and pick them up. didnt get any extra shims i was told for the pressure i want i just needed 12 washers so thats what i ordered
if i go any higher i will have to order some shims
unless a kind CAPOF member with extras sends me some ;) ;D
hint hint lol

targettgii

Sounds like your rolling right along nice work Ed.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T