Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

HappyHunter

Hopefully tomorrow or Wed I'll have my new (cheap) project: Beeman P-17, seal kit, NcStar Reflex sight, 10.1" barrel (.177) and 6 tins of pellets.  :)

The anxiety is killing me!!!  :-X  ;D ;D

Todd
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

WyoMan

Quote from: HappyHunter on January 15, 2013, 01:40:01 AM
Hopefully tomorrow or Wed I'll have my new (cheap) project: Beeman P-17, seal kit, NcStar Reflex sight, 10.1" barrel (.177) and 6 tins of pellets.  :)

The anxiety is killing me!!!  :-X  ;D ;D

Todd
Know what you mean......so keep fingers crossed  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

breakfastchef

Quote from: droid on January 14, 2013, 11:15:56 AM
And now the breech has arrived too, they have to go on a 2240 though  :-*

You really need to get some barrel bands to dress those things properly!
Larry

chongman

Bluefork right hand long breech!
Tap & Die Set!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

droid

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 15, 2013, 04:44:43 AM
You really need to get some barrel bands to dress those things properly!

I know Larry, it is bugging me now.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

mackelby

My first co2 air gun showed last night. 2240! 15 degrees outside. So I stepped out the door and shot about 5 or 6 pellets in a tree. I find this pistol to be very loud, is that common? When cocking it wants to hang up right before you lock it in. Will sight it in tonight and report back. GOTTA LOVE THOSE BIG BROWN TRUCKS!

BDS

Quote from: mackelby on January 15, 2013, 04:44:58 PM
My first co2 air gun showed last night. 2240! 15 degrees outside. So I stepped out the door and shot about 5 or 6 pellets in a tree. I find this pistol to be very loud, is that common? When cocking it wants to hang up right before you lock it in. Will sight it in tonight and report back. GOTTA LOVE THOSE BIG BROWN TRUCKS!

I'm guessing this is a bone-stock pistol? Waaaay too much to tell you here in this post but, yes, they are loud, that's why many folks go with an LDC. Yes, the triggers are "gritty" out of the box, that's why nearly everyone polishes the trigger parts and lessens the trigger spring tension.

There is a ton o' info and videos on this site to help you with the basics, you don't need a ton o' money either, just some time patience and some polishing.
Brian

RC1947

My first chrony will arrive today.  Looking forward to checking my tune jobs. RC

BDS

Nice RC... that will be agreat addition, epecially for the springers, sometimes less (fps) is more with those spring guns.  :-*
Brian

mackelby

BDS, I have polished trigger parts and got a weaker spring for my 2289g, helped some, still needs work. Can't wait to start on this one. Please explain LDS.

breakfastchef

You may very well shoot more pellets in the 24 hours after receiving your choronograph than you have shot in your life. Have fun!

Quote from: RC1947 on January 15, 2013, 04:52:56 PM
My first chrony will arrive today.  Looking forward to checking my tune jobs. RC
Larry

breakfastchef

Quote from: mackelby on January 15, 2013, 06:56:29 PM
BDS, I have polished trigger parts and got a weaker spring for my 2289g, helped some, still needs work. Can't wait to start on this one. Please explain LDS.

LDC - Lead dust collector, otherwise known as a muzzle brake with secret internals (shhhhh). Mike at TKO Airguns makes a great ones for the 22xx platform.
Larry

mackelby

Thanks Chef. Does the extra length the muzzle adds give you more FPS?

JEBert

Longer barrels will quieten them down a bit too.  I have a 10" barrel on one and a 12" barrel on another and they are not too loud.  I am in the middle of town so I don't shoot them outdoors, I shoot in my shed with no problems.  Also, I have CCS muzzle breaks on them both but I don't think they quieten them down much, if any.
I haven't actually compared them to a .22 short but they are considerably quieter than regular .22's in a rifle and a lot quieter than a .22 pistol.
However, I have never shot a stock 7.5" 2240 either so I might not know exactly what I am comparing, so... "Your Mileage May Vary".
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)