Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

tinker

My 24" .25 LW barrel from Mountain Air Guns arrived via USPS this morning  :D
Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

crossliner

Quote from: crossliner on February 05, 2013, 04:30:27 AM
Good news 1 of my Hawke scopes got thru my bud who was in Vegas surprised me last Sat haha! I mounted it on 1 of my 2400KTs it looks funny it's cute..It's a Hawke 4-12x50 AO Mildot illuminated ret..The 1 that did not get thru was the Hawke  3-9x40 AO mildot illuminated ret but 1 is better than none. They are cheap imho I tipped my bud $30 for his accommodation..They have nicer rets and optics than them Leapers..Will post pics later.

http://swfa.com/Hawke-4-12x50-Sport-HD-Riflescope-P45845.aspx

Just check out the price here in the Phils.. It's a 3-9x50 non illuminated ret btw..Big difference  ???

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/7203308/Hawke+Sport+HD+scope+3-9x50AO+mil+dot+-+Brand+new?referralKeywords=hawke+scope&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-1,1

The medium height BKL rings accommodate the scope's head just fine.

quickster47 †

Good choice on the BKL rings.  I use them exclusively now because they just work the way you want them to.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

crossliner

Right Mr. Quick I have another pair in black coming and now I am having regrets coz I should have ordered that 1 piece cantilever design too it looks good. Why get super cheap scope mounts I say go for BKL.

WyoMan

Quote from: quickster47 on February 05, 2013, 03:35:19 PM
Good choice on the BKL rings.  I use them exclusively now because they just work the way you want them to.

Carl

+1  :-* I have 4 sets, just got silver matte in yesterday  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

droid

Got me some bits in today and some news:

P Rod Grip frame
Brass Rear Cap
Brass Safety

Also got notice that Customs have released 2 of the 3 pistols they seized. They will be forwarded to the postal truck soon.

DAQ 2540 - 1 of only 15 made in RH Breech Seized and to be destroyed  :-X  ($600 and several months negotiation down the pan)

New SSP-250 - Now released

Custom Mark 1 Pistol - Now Released

My 2 Mac 1 LD Special Editions (UK Spec) have also been seized and sent for forensic testing, it appears it will be 3-4 weeks before I get the results  :-X
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

chongman

Dang Gary, that is a crying shame  >:(

Watching out the window for the UPS truck here today. I have a pair of 1" stubby combo wrenches (for the new collet holder) and 2 new High Speed Steel (HSS) 8-32 dies coming. I was down to my last die and it's a carbon steel one. They don't last very long when threading stainless steel.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

RC1947

I'm waiting for pistol and rifle cases.  Found the best deal with free shipping at OpticsPlanet. RC

KevinP

Quote from: droid on February 05, 2013, 03:50:06 PM

DAQ 2540 - 1 of only 15 made in RH Breech Seized and to be destroyed  :-X  ($600 and several months negotiation down the pan)

OMG .. that is just stupid ...   :( 4 u ...  perhaps they could have shipped them as parts ? or you should
come over the pond to live .... bummer ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

Gary... was the DAQ just a "hope-for" passing thru customs? I'm guessing it did not even come close to the pistol definition and f.p.e. (6 ft lb)??

Brian

droid

Quote from: KevinP on February 05, 2013, 05:38:57 PM
OMG .. that is just stupid ...   :( 4 u ...  perhaps they could have shipped them as parts ? or you should
come over the pond to live .... bummer ....

Brian, it should have shipped in parts, all the guns I have had shipped via this gentleman have all been disassembled, except this one particular parcel. Don't ask me why he didn't do just  this one. Out of the many I have had shipped over this is the first one ever to get picked up by customs. It got stopped in US customs too along with a DAQ 2260 that shipped separate. The 2260 came through ok, it was under 12ft anyway.

The DAQ tested at 8ft lb which over here is a section 5 firearm, same as an automatic pistol or revolver. I am lucky to get away with no further action really as the penalty is an unlimited fine and 7 years in prison for importing over power air guns.

So if the 2 Mac 1 LDs are over I will not be very impressed as they are likely to impose one or both of them penalties for a second offense. In my defense I do have the purchase order to Mac1 specifying UK spec on these. So if it did go to court that would go in my favour. Tim knows the score with our limits so they should be easily under the limit.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BDS

Right then, sad to hear mate, now on to the next one eh what?  :-*
Brian

Crosshairs

Ordered last night 16 tins of pellets 3 free,a pack of darts free and a Aftermath laser.
                                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

droid

Quote from: BDS on February 05, 2013, 06:01:47 PM
Right then, sad to hear mate, now on to the next one eh what?  :-*

Yup, not going to let a small hiccup like this slow me down Brian  ;)
www.ratbuster.co.uk

bgmcgee

That's a real bummer Gary,glad no penalties were imposed on you though. Hopefully the ld's make it to you.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"