WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

MichaelM

Quote from: ped on March 07, 2013, 09:28:06 PM
which mounts have you got carl?
i've fitted the ones that clamp either side of the barrel (i think they're intermounts), i've found that when you fit a scope it is fairly high and far forward and it doesn't give a very good cheek weld on the comb with the comb being made more for open sights
i've seen a scope mount system made by ballistic enterprizes which looks a well made and designed bit of kit
ped

I cannot speak for the other intermounts but I CAN say that the mounts from B.E. are VERY VERY solid and nice looking. I dont own a bluestreak(wish I did...) but Greg is a local here in Ohio and comes to the shoots regularly and I have got to play with his guns and the mounts are VERY solid....

ped

cheers michael its nice to here from someone whose seen them in the flesh i think i may be contacting them about a set
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

quickster47 †

Quote from: ped on March 07, 2013, 09:28:06 PM
which mounts have you got carl?
i've fitted the ones that clamp either side of the barrel (i think they're intermounts), i've found that when you fit a scope it is fairly high and far forward and it doesn't give a very good cheek weld on the comb with the comb being made more for open sights
i've seen a scope mount system made by ballistic enterprizes which looks a well made and designed bit of kit
ped

I also have the intermounts and must say I am very disappointed.  First off, your scope is going to need to be really long to get anywhere close to descent eye relief.  Secondly, when you start tightening the normal scope mounts on the intermounts you can very easily over tighten them and cause the intermounts to lose their grip.  Aargh!!!

Is Ballistic Enterprises a UK company or States side?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ped

a us one carl i think its a chap called greg lundy the idea is very good and you also don't get the poblem of the intermounts damaging the soldered barrel to tube joint, the price looks good as well
pyramid air also do one  that mounts to the breech
i was thinking of cutting dove tails into the breech block but my machining skills aren't good enough to tackle that sort of work
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

DaveB50

Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

quickster47 †

Quote from: DaveB50 on March 07, 2013, 11:28:43 PM
Here is Greg's info on the Yellow Forum. BALLISTIC ENTERPRISES #1
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1349130335/Mueller+Optics+at++Lowest+Prices!!!!-----

Thanks much for that link DaveB.  I can see this is gonna cost me more than I ever anticipated.  :D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

breakfastchef

Carl: Greg (Ballistic Enterprises) produces the best mounts for vintage and new Sheridans. The favored mount for the rifle seems to be the scout mount with your optics out front of the area you hold while pumping the gun. He makes a mont that fits over the breech to put a scope closer to you. His full length mount is pretty wild and offers multiple mounting options. I worked with Greg for a mount for my Sheridan E. He did a one-off custom scout mount that is rock solid.
Larry

quickster47 †

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 08, 2013, 12:37:34 AM
Carl: Greg (Ballistic Enterprises) produces the best mounts for vintage and new Sheridans. The favored mount for the rifle seems to be the scout mount with your optics out front of the area you hold while pumping the gun. He makes a mont that fits over the breech to put a scope closer to you. His full length mount is pretty wild and offers multiple mounting options. I worked with Greg for a mount for my Sheridan E. He did a one-off custom scout mount that is rock solid.

Just got off the phone with Greg (Ballistic Enterprises) and we talked for 30 minutes.  What a great and helpful guy.  Anyway, bottom line is I ordered his INTEGRABASE for my Crosman produced Benjamin Blue Streak.  Thanks everyone for the help on this as I'm sure it will make me and my Blue Streak happy campers.

He also has another version of the INTEGRABASE for the IZH-46M.  I will be getting one of these when my depleted airguns fund is replenished.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

DaveB50

Quote from: quickster47 on March 07, 2013, 11:35:23 PM
Thanks much for that link DaveB.  I can see this is gonna cost me more than I ever anticipated.  :D

Carl

Happy to feed the addiction, as you all have mine.  ;D
Dave
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

AgentWD40_FL

Beeman P17 is back in stock at PA .... its on the truck along with a few more pellet types
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

crossliner

I am about to order 2 Hawke scopes again as I am not contented w/ my 4-16x40 Leapers (my 3rd) and 4-12x50 Hawke IR ( my 1st)..They are okay but the front AO adjustment is not for me so I want it to be side focus.  It will be for my Crosmans. Has anyone ever tried the Hawke 3-12 or the 4-16 Varmint model? They are cheap at less than $200 so I would like to try them. My apologies if I appear to be somewhat of a braggart but frankly a $200 price tag for a scope is already cheap for me as what I have been saying for the longest time these things cost almost 3x here. Kindly advise.

You know gents the Leapers are I think more robustly made than the Hawkes albeit the Hawkes are much better in finish/optics. All the Leapers that passed thru my hand have had no issues so they are okay.

arkmaker †

I bought one of the Hawke HD 3x9x50AO's when they were on sale. A good scope for sure, but I really like my cheapo CenterPoint 3x9x40AO much more. Both were mounted on my Edge, but the CP won out. I got the CP used for 30 bucks and to tell you the truth, just plain got lucky with it. They are hit or miss from everything I have read. This one is a hit!

My friend was looking for a scope for his son's new 30-30 so the Hawke now sits there. He is a very happy camper. It was a lot more scope than he was planing for and free to boot!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

crossliner

Hi Mr. Ark I appreciate your inputs. There is also a cheap UTG SWAT (amazon) for around $110 w/c I think is already a bargain..Best regards.

JEBert

Yesterday, I got a steel breech (thanks John) and today I got my orders from Crosman and Midway.  Crosman package had a MIM sight (been wanting one of those for a long time), a spare valve spring, a few spare 2240 transfer port seals, and two strikers, one for a 13XX tube and the other for a 2240/2300 tube.  Going to do the JB Weld mod on at least one of the strikers.  I haven't yet decided which one.  I wish it weren't tax season.  I have no time to shoot and mod cause stuck in a CPA's office and working on tax returns.  Maybe she will let me have a little time on Thursday to shoot since it will be my birthday.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mudduck48

Thursday is your birthday? Prebirthday wish to you, Happy "B" day to you! QUACK,QUACK,QUACK. May all your ducks be healthy.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.