WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

JEBert

Thanks, Duck!
Forgot to finish the last post.  The Midway order was a couple of trigger springs for my Ruger M77, a 3/8" dovetail slot blank, and another WGRS (Williams rear sight) and a 3/16" square notch WGOS blade to go with it.  Here is a pic of the documentation that came with the blade.  It does indeed fit the WGRS base.  However, my eyes won't focus very well on the rear sight even at arms length so I'm not sure I'll keep it on any of my guns.  I can report that on my 2300KT with 12.75" barrel, at arms length the Crosman front sight pin fills the rear notch about 1/2 way.  That leaves 1/4 of the width of the notch as air-space on either side of the pin.  That is how I was taught that open sights should look.  Also, I haven't shot it yet but it seems that this 3/16" tall WGOS blade on the WGRS base is going to be close to the right height for the 1700-023 Muzzle Brake and 2300-028 Front Sight Post with plenty of adjustment.  I will let y'all know for sure when I can shoot it.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

breakfastchef

Quote from: crossliner on March 08, 2013, 01:48:39 PM
Hi Mr. Ark I appreciate your inputs. There is also a cheap UTG SWAT (amazon) for around $110 w/c I think is already a bargain..Best regards.

I have no experience with the Varmint. I currently run a Hawke Panorama EV 4-12x40 AO on my Beeman R7 and a UTG 3-12x44 AO SWAT with 100mm side wheel on my Beeman HW97K. I like Leapers/UTG because they are a good value. But, Hawke has clearer optics, and the EV models offer a very generous field of view. The UTG works very well, but the optics are a little fuzzy so accurate focusing is difficult. The Hawke is a pleasure to use, but the 1/2 mil dot reticle is pretty busy.

I had two Hawke Airmax EV 4-12 scopes and each one had an internal misalignment that would cause POI to shift when the AO was changed. That made the scopes pretty useless for target shooting at different ranges. I threw in a few more bucks to trade up to the Panorama. I will probably not buy another Hawke after my experience. I am looking at equal or better brands for my next purchase - Vortex, Clearidge, and Swift.
Larry

KBR97

The first "mods" for my brand new 1337 should be soon on the way from Crosman...Steel breech, and a LPA MIM site.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

WyoMan

Quote from: KBR97 on March 12, 2013, 03:10:14 AM
The first "mods" for my brand new 1337 should be soon on the way from Crosman...Steel breech, and a LPA MIM site.
Very good.....you'll be happy with those  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

crossliner

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 12, 2013, 02:44:59 AM
I have no experience with the Varmint. I currently run a Hawke Panorama EV 4-12x40 AO on my Beeman R7 and a UTG 3-12x44 AO SWAT with 100mm side wheel on my Beeman HW97K. I like Leapers/UTG because they are a good value. But, Hawke has clearer optics, and the EV models offer a very generous field of view. The UTG works very well, but the optics are a little fuzzy so accurate focusing is difficult. The Hawke is a pleasure to use, but the 1/2 mil dot reticle is pretty busy.

I had two Hawke Airmax EV 4-12 scopes and each one had an internal misalignment that would cause POI to shift when the AO was changed. That made the scopes pretty useless for target shooting at different ranges. I threw in a few more bucks to trade up to the Panorama. I will probably not buy another Hawke after my experience. I am looking at equal or better brands for my next purchase - Vortex, Clearidge, and Swift.

You know Mr. BFC I sold my Hawke to a friend of mine w/o any monetary gain..Been reading about Hawkes not being good enough and he was more than happy to take it off my hands. I did not hesitate..It's good for you because if there are defects you can return it but in my case me being in the Phils. it's not an option..

I think you should get the Clearidge this is actually my next purchase it seems you have read my mind sir..My box in Kansas is almost full but I am not putting it there..I prefer it handcarried and that would be in May when my cuz goes back to the US for a 3-week visit..Please let us know of your findings if you ever purchase this brand...Btw what model of the Clearidge line are you planning to purchase? Best regards.

DaveB50

Quote from: KBR97 on March 12, 2013, 03:10:14 AM

Ahh, and so it begins, quick hide your wallet.  ;D  Really, nice start.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

BDS

Peep Sight for the Daisy 953 target rifle

4000 Daisy precision BBs for the Red Ryder and the Colt Special Combat

4 Tins of RWS Basic .177s for lot's of the .177 guns

Birchwood Casey Tru-oil to refinish the Crosman Town & Country rifle stocks

LDC threaded connector for the Webley Rebel pumper
Brian

KBR97

Quote from: WyoMan on March 12, 2013, 03:17:47 AM
Very good.....you'll be happy with those  :-*
Hope so! The factory rear sight was making the pistol shoot a little high with no more adjustment left. I read a few things where people remove some material from the notch, but I figured ah what the hell...I'll just order a new one.

Quote from: DaveB50 on March 12, 2013, 07:15:27 PM
Ahh, and so it begins, quick hide your wallet.  ;D  Really, nice start.
Toooo late! lol  Next thing on the list is a barrel band with fiber optic sight. Actually maybe a set of wood grips if I can find them for a decent price. Anyone have any suggestions for them?
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

DaveB50

Iagent has a set of walnut burl ambidextrous wood grips in the sale gate. Says for 2240, but 1377 uses the same stock grips.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10426.0.html
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

droid

Well believe it or not I have two Mac1 LD Special Editions actually on the way to me.

Ordered in October 2012

Shipped December 2012

Detained by UK Customs December 2012

RELEASED by UK Customs today March 13th 2013

I should get them in a couple of days.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

1377x

Quote from: droid on March 13, 2013, 02:03:59 PM
Well believe it or not I have two Mac1 LD Special Editions actually on the way to me.

Ordered in October 2012

Shipped December 2012

Detained by UK Customs December 2012

congrats!
after seeing the messed up stuff that has happened to your other guns
i am glad these made it through
it was a sad day to hear the daq was getting destroyed. mac-1's can never replace the daq but they hold their own
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: droid on March 13, 2013, 02:03:59 PM

Do you have to pick them up or do they deliver customs parcels?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: BDS on March 12, 2013, 07:35:48 PM
Peep Sight for the Daisy 953 target rifle

4000 Daisy precision BBs for the Red Ryder and the Colt Special Combat

4 Tins of RWS Basic .177s for lot's of the .177 guns

Birchwood Casey Tru-oil to refinish the Crosman Town & Country rifle stocks

LDC threaded connector for the Webley Rebel pumper

what kind of ldc connector do they take?
male or female connector
closed mouths dont get fed

crossliner

Well Herr Droid that's good news  :-*

droid

Quote from: 1377x on March 13, 2013, 02:30:41 PM
congrats!
after seeing the messed up stuff that has happened to your other guns
i am glad these made it through
it was a sad day to hear the daq was getting destroyed. mac-1's can never replace the daq but they hold their own

Ah ED, it takes more than Customs to stop me getting a DAQ 2540 ;D Take one off me I make me another one  :-*

#Carl they release them to the parcel company once they let them go.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk