WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: arkmaker on July 22, 2017, 03:52:14 AM
Came today via the Brown truck! The 4th or 5th Custom Shop 2400 that I have gotten over the years, but the 1st one that I ordered myself........ Never could seem to pull the trigger until this one fell into my lap with the 20% off.....

New SS breech and muzzle brake up next followed by a 2400 Arky-pod and a riser for the stock. That'll keep me bust for a little bit ;-)
Sweet Mr. BULL SHOT  :-* :-*

Old Dog

This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

rws_53

On the UPS truck with delivery expected tomorrow (7/25/2017)

arkmaker †

That looks great! I hope your LW barrel is as good as mine.... if it is, you will love shooting that one :-)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Multigunner

Awaiting a refurbished Umarex Colt John Wayne Commemorative pellet firing peacemaker. Not for myself but I helped a friend order one at Airgun depot. At 99.99 USD it seems to be a great deal, if it shoots well that is. We ordered two packs each of spare shells for my BB firing Peacemaker and his pellet firer.
If his refurb shoots as well as some I've seen test fired on YouTube I may order one of the refurbs myself soon.

I got my BB version NIB dirt cheap awhile back when several outdoor supply stores seemed to be having a price war. I paid less for my new gun than they were asking for refurbs at the time plus the vendor gave free shipping. I'm very pleased with that purchase.
I obtained a NOS replacement barrel for the Crosman 357 with thoughts of upgrading my Peacemaker to better handle pellets, but doubt I'll go to the effort since its highly accurate with BBs. More accurate than most pellet revolvers in fact.

I wish they'd do a redesign of these guns to fire standard lead .22 pellets at 400+FPS, then it would be the perfect CO2 revolver.

Swapping out barrels and reaming out shells would quickly turn one into a .22, but I doubt the valve can supply sufficient gas to get much more than 200 FPS. On the otherhand I've heard of a .22 conversion of the vigilante that gets near to 500 FPS, though I'd take that with a grain of salt.

jebhoge

I've got a Cothran SS roller trigger and a longprobe magnetic-back bolt coming for my 2300KT.

And for our 4-H shooting club, I've got 24,500 rounds of .177 wadcutter.  :D  2000 rounds of H&N Match already arrived, with the remainder made up of 18 cartons of Crosman Competition. I doubt we'll run low on ammo in less than three years.

rws_53

will be on the truck tomorrow

used the Labor Day code LABOR-17 for 10% off and free 2 day shipping

Note: the pellets are for my target pistols

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

TraderJoe

2300KT on the way; shipped yesterday.  :) :-*
Proper gun control is hitting the target the first time.
2300KT
Benjamin Titan NP .22
FX Tarantula PCP .22

TraderJoe

CCS 2300KT arrived 9/1...ordered 8/5, so right at 4 weeks.  :)
Since you all know what a 2240 looks like I will not comment on the pistol itself, but I do have something to say about the packaging ( since there have been some less than favorable comments on the forum re: Crosman packaging). My 2300 and the scope arrived in excellent condition including the package itself. The Pistol was packed in an appropriately sized cardboard "flip open" box and was sandwiched between two 2" thick dense egg crate foam inserts. This was snugly fitted into the shipping box. No damage to outer box (thank you UPS). So Crosman and UPS get a 5 star rating for packaging and delivery.  :) :-*
Proper gun control is hitting the target the first time.
2300KT
Benjamin Titan NP .22
FX Tarantula PCP .22

rws_53

coming from CA...on UPS truck sitting in Sheridan WY...scheduled for delivery 9/12/2017

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

mghealeytr

Got a well worn 600 3 days ago that had been inactive for years.  Here is the saga of my attempt to get it to shoot:
I oiled the gas cylinder up to get the seals lubed, put some oil on the piercing pin and seal, then installed a CO2 cartridge.  It leaked a bit from the piercing pin cap, but not too bad, so I dry fired it to get the Pelloil distributed somewhat.  Took it out to test fire it after loading pellets.  It fired OK, but needed to be hand cocked after every shot and the pellets were not firing through the barrel.  It just kept flattening the new pellet's noses, so I cleared the flattened ones out and fired again, same result, no pellet was fired and the one in the chamber had a flat nose.  Sooo, I did it once more, hoping to solve the problem.  (I now, that is the definition of lunacy.)
The 6th shot resulted in a breech jam, locking the pellet loading arm in the breech.  Now I began to think the gun might need work.  I had a hard time just getting the loader to move at all.  Finally, by holding the cocking slide back, I was able to see a pellet flattened sideways under that loader.  Got that out after a couple of minutes with a probe and the breech loader returned to its proper position.  That was when I saw another pellet in the end of the barrel next to the breech with a crushed tail.  It was jammed into the barrel, no way it could allow a pellet to fire, but it was deformed enough to let the gas by it!  Got it out. checked the barrel for any other obstruction and finding none, reloaded with fresh pellets.  Both of the pellets that were jamming the action were the old style wadcutters with striated waists, not the smooth modern ones I had loaded, so that was probably why the gun was put up.
Now the gun fires perfectly!  Great power, no jams, shoots a pellet every time, and no CO2 leaks.  What a relief.  I put 30 more pellets through it yesterday now I'm sure it is now ready to go.  It has held pressure for 3 days now.  These are just wonderful guns, way advanced for the time.

KevinP

You got it worked out !  cool beans  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Multigunner

First time I saw one of the 600 pistols I friend who owned a gunshop showed it too me. He keep it loaded on the counter near the cash register.
While he had many firearms to choose from he kept this CO2 gun close at hand because a potential robber would not recognize it as a weapon. He then demonstrated its power by riddling a section of plank mounted on the opposite wall.

I'd been thinking about that demonstration recently. A .22 CO2 pistol of serious velocity would disabuse most thugs of the notion of pressing an attack. A Half Dozen 14 gr pellets burying themselves in the bones of the face would be terrible to contemplate.

My S&W 78g gets 449 FPS with a 17.2 Grain pointed pellet , calculated penetration of flesh is nearly 3".
Maximum pain factor would be directly under the nose. most likely it would tear out the front teeth at the roots and possibly knock the attacker out. unlikely to be fatal but he'd be easy enough to identify at the ER or in a line up.

If this post violates any rules please delete it. 

arkmaker †

I've forgotten the pain of pumping and ended up doing it again! This oldie is on its way and looking like a complete overhaul ;-)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BillK

Quote from: Multigunner on September 13, 2017, 12:30:42 AM
First time I saw one of the 600 pistols I friend who owned a gunshop showed it too me. He keep it loaded on the counter near the cash register.
While he had many firearms to choose from he kept this CO2 gun close at hand because a potential robber would not recognize it as a weapon. He then demonstrated its power by riddling a section of plank mounted on the opposite wall.

I'd been thinking about that demonstration recently. A .22 CO2 pistol of serious velocity would disabuse most thugs of the notion of pressing an attack. A Half Dozen 14 gr pellets burying themselves in the bones of the face would be terrible to contemplate.

My S&W 78g gets 449 FPS with a 17.2 Grain pointed pellet , calculated penetration of flesh is nearly 3".
Maximum pain factor would be directly under the nose. most likely it would tear out the front teeth at the roots and possibly knock the attacker out. unlikely to be fatal but he'd be easy enough to identify at the ER or in a line up.

If this post violates any rules please delete it.

YA!  Plus you can "shoot your eye out." ;D
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II