Industry Brand rear sight on a 1377

Started by Tater, October 04, 2012, 10:37:48 PM

1377x

oooh! cabelas havent been there since 2008 i like the bug fish tanks and animal displays there
closed mouths dont get fed

1377x

funny
two of the same threads going at the same time using different wording
maybe this thread needs to disappear

This works on the Crosman steel breech.  I have not put things together yet, but the front sight may need to be lengthened.
Stranded in California.

This works.  And yes, this is a duplicate thread, except for the currency used.  Ten pounds equals one hundred sixty ounces.
Stranded in California.

1377x

did the price go up ???
i thought they are $10

BigErn

Quote from: 7624452 on October 05, 2012, 12:01:59 AM
This works on the Crosman steel breech.  I have not put things together yet, but the front sight may need to be lengthened.

You can put a longer set screw on the stock Crosman barrel band and use it as a front sight like I did. Just an idea, I know it's not the best thing to do but it worked for me.

Like this one but longer might work with that Archer rear sight:

arkmaker †

I have turned down the top portion of set screws that attach to my LDC's and MB's. You can use different length screws to tweak in desired heights and have a wee bit of adjustability up/down. The trick is to start off with a fairly small diameter screw and only turn the threads off leaving the ability to use an allen wrench to adjust.

Oh, and the Archer IB site will work out that way, but you need to mount in front like the picture above.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

arkmaker that sight pin actually started as a set screw ??? then you turned down the threads to make it what it is now ???
looks good if that what you are saying

arkmaker †

Yep, that is the easy way to say it!!!!!!!!!!!! Never have mastered the art of "to the point" talking/writing  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

you actually said it pretty clear! i cant believe it started life as a set screw
look at bigerns pic then look at yours you would not think they are the same part

BigErn

Quote from: arkmaker on October 05, 2012, 12:52:48 AM
I have turned down the top portion of set screws that attach to my LDC's and MB's. You can use different length screws to tweak in desired heights and have a wee bit of adjustability up/down. The trick is to start off with a fairly small diameter screw and only turn the threads off leaving the ability to use an allen wrench to adjust.

Oh, and the Archer IB site will work out that way, but you need to mount in front like the picture above.

Ark that's a great idea and it really looks sharp. I like that a lot  :-*

Tater

Thanks for the ideas guys and those are some great looking shooters.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

mudduck48

Quote from: 1377x on October 04, 2012, 11:03:03 PM
thats what has been reported recently.a higher front sight will be needed
Brutuz, I was goofing around one night with my 1322 and I put some grease on the front sight then set a BB on there. I made it shoot a lot lower. Maybe a small ball bearing. Try it, you might like it. Won't cost anything to try.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Fozz

Quote from: 1377x on October 04, 2012, 11:45:43 PM
funny
two of the same threads going at the same time using different wording
maybe this thread needs to disappear
This part isn`t easily available on this side of the pond, it`s only Spare part rather than a multi fit item, I think the extra information given in my thread may be of help to others......

but please, do whatever is best, i`ll just sit in the corner and cry gently into my pint...... :(

:-*
I`m a hero with cowards legs....

droid

Mark, where can you get the SMK parts from ?

I have had a look and can't see them anywhere.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk