Alloy Pistol Grips

Started by droid, October 09, 2012, 07:16:45 PM

Davio

Quote from: 1377x on December 12, 2012, 07:02:54 PM
didnt you say your powder coating start flaking?
I guess I should wait for crossliner to respond, but I'll say that any flaking with powder coating would go to operator error from one or more of "Piss poor preparation or product perpetuates piss poor powdercoating performance" .

Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

crossliner

Quote from: 1377x on December 12, 2012, 07:02:54 PM
didnt you say your powder coating start flaking?

No sir it was the previous airbrushed paint that is why I had my babies sandblasted then powdercoated. It is tough I hammered the inside portion and it did not chip off..The beadblasting process helped the powdercoating adhere more effectively. Best regards

1377x

thanks for the update!
everything have been changing so much and so fast its hard to up with people builds
good to know the powder coating  is tough like armor
closed mouths dont get fed

crossliner

Yes and it is worth it. Mine is industrial grade done by this company..They now have a branch in my city lucky me

http://www.philippinecompanies.com/companyprofile/289426/republic-powdercoat-corporation

crossliner

No imperfections so far w/ the powdercoat. I dug deep and got rid of the ugly casting marks/blowholes..The powdercoating's thick coat also helped achieve this look. Kind of like a hammered appearance per Mr. ChongMan. Best regards.

Brutuz

Ooh that's nice !!  :-*

Next level on a new project could be a black powdercoat with embedded coloured metal flakes and a high gloss finish :)
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

outofthefire

Quote from: crossliner on December 25, 2012, 03:22:13 AM
No imperfections so far w/ the powdercoat. I dug deep and got rid of the ugly casting marks/blowholes.

You can buy a body filler called Metalik made by Isopon that has ally particles in it so it conducts a charge and can be powder coated over. You can also get a very good chrome powder coat have a look here http://www.aerocoat.net/

crossliner

Quote from: Brutuz on December 26, 2012, 07:55:33 PM
Ooh that's nice !!  :-*

Next level on a new project could be a black powdercoat with embedded coloured metal flakes and a high gloss finish :)

Thanks Boss Brutuz..I like solid colors and for our Crosman grips and I think matte looks better compared to a shiny finish but this is just my preference..They also have a dead black version as well as a sandpaper finish..There's just too many colors/textures to choose from and very cheap too. Like I have said for my 2 Crosman grips, barrel band and some flashlight tubes I paid $4.60 something and their facility is about 5 minutes away from me w/o traffic..Best regards.

Thanks for the heads up Mr. OOTF.

Tater

Quote from: crossliner on December 27, 2012, 12:08:15 PM

Thanks Boss Brutuz..I like solid colors and for our Crosman grips and I think matte looks better compared to a shiny finish but this is just my preference..They also have a dead black version as well as a sandpaper finish..There's just too many colors/textures to choose from and very cheap too. Like I have said for my 2 Crosman grips, barrel band and some flashlight tubes I paid $4.60 something and their facility is about 5 minutes away from me w/o traffic..Best regards.

Thanks for the heads up Mr. OOTF.

Did you know someone at the company that did the powdwer coating so cheap? I just emailed two local places, but it's hard to believe most would do parts that small for that cheap.
I hope I'm pleasantly surprised when they reply.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Not really Mr. Tater but they are a new branch so they take all comers. Also since I do construction work at times I pointed my glass and aluminum suppliers to them so the 2 parties are more than happy..My airgun buddy was also surprised when he had his aluminum pcp frame powdercoated for the same price as I paid. To have a bike frame powdercoated it actually costs almost the same. Best regards.

1377x

i bet most stuff like that is cheaper there
huh crossliner ???
its not like the US
i know a guy from over there in crossliners area he says when he retires he is going back there because everthing is cheaper than the US
the next time i talk to the guy i will ask him where his compound is located he told me but i forgot

crossliner

It is Mr. 13 but some imported items particularly guns are very expensive...But this one is actually cheap already w/ a discount of 20% but you need to add $119 for the shipping and one time lifetime registration..Currently we have a GUN BAN  up to June so firearms including airguns, airsoft guns and knives are to be kept at home. I cannot buy this one yet as even the transport of any firearm related item is not allowed and this 1 is about an hour and a half plane's ride away from me. I will be buying the AA S500 I already have the funds..I am in Davao City Philippines..Plenty of foreigners particularly South Koreans. Best regards.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/6000188/SALE%3A+Air+Gun+Air+Arms%2C+20%25+OFF

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/6000268/SALE%3A++Daystate+Air+Gun%2C+20%25+off

droid

Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

crossliner

Yes this English pcp is a fine piece of equipment Mr. Droid and at this price it's a steal. I don't mean to downgrade the Marauder ( it's $1,450 here) but with the discounted price the AA is cheaper. Also Marauders are often snobbed here they get no love. Best regards.

1377x

to be honest i would choose the aa over  a marauder myself
but $1600 for a gun that costs $600 here i guess thats still better because a marauder can be had for $350 vs $1,450 the aa is a better deal