Alloy Pistol Grips

Started by droid, October 09, 2012, 07:16:45 PM

Tater

Quote from: crossliner on January 23, 2013, 10:55:21 AM
Not really Mr. Tater but they are a new branch so they take all comers. Also since I do construction work at times I pointed my glass and aluminum suppliers to them so the 2 parties are more than happy..My airgun buddy was also surprised when he had his aluminum pcp frame powdercoated for the same price as I paid. To have a bike frame powdercoated it actually costs almost the same. Best regards.

Well it looks like you are getting a heck of a deal. One of the Powder Coat places I emailed said it was a $50 minimum per color.   :o  If he can put them in with another job he can give me a better price depending on the prep work required. 
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Davio

Quote from: crossliner on December 27, 2012, 12:08:15 PM

. Like I have said for my 2 Crosman grips, barrel band and some flashlight tubes I paid $4.60 something and their facility is about 5 minutes away from me w/o traffic..Best regards.

You are getting a steal of a deal. Anyone here in the states with any brain at all wouldn't turn on the baking oven for $4.60.  Hell, I wouldn't blow off and disassemble my rig for $4.60.

So what am I saying?  I do and will continue to pay extra for US made whenever possible.  I'd really hate to mess up my karma and come back as a third world exploited citizen.
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

crossliner

I was surprised myself gents...Hard to believe but here is a thread as proof of what I am saying. The figures given are in Philippine currency as you can see. No offense but this is not just a small time home brew powdercoating process it is being done by a very big company called Republic Powdercoating Corporation w/c happens to be the biggest in the Philippines and they happen to have a branch in my city..

http://www.motorcyclephilippines.com/forums/showthread.php?36820-powder-coating/page2

Check out jay_zero's #37 post

http://www.philippinecompanies.com/companyprofile/289426/republic-powdercoat-corporation

crossliner

Also even if it is $20-30 grip I would not bat an eye..Originally they billed me $6 for the whole shebang but the price went down when I told them I have friends in the construction business who would be happy to know their services..We may be a 3rd world country but we are not that far behind. You will be surprised if you happen to visit the major cities in the Phils..

Moreover I have observed that most Caucasian members always complain about the high prices of parts custom or store-bought for their toys. Frankly and modesty aside I find them affordable..Like the Europeans particularly the Englishmen we pay almost 3x of what you pay for over there to get something made in the US. If I were in the US I would never buy scope mounts other than BKL ( I have them and have ordered more thru my cousin) or Sportsmatch or those "cheap" Leapers or Hawke scopes..A $78 Leapers scope is being sold here for around $170-180 and yet we still buy them. Sorry for the rant gents. Best regards.

droid

Quote from: crossliner on January 27, 2013, 05:34:39 AM
Also even if it is $20-30 grip I would not bat an eye..Originally they billed me $6 for the whole shebang but the price went down when I told them I have friends in the construction business who would be happy to know their services..We may be a 3rd world country but we are not that far behind. You will be surprised if you happen to visit the major cities in the Phils..

Moreover I have observed that most Caucasian members always complain about the high prices of parts custom or store-bought for their toys. Frankly and modesty aside I find them affordable..Like the Europeans particularly the Englishmen we pay almost 3x of what you pay for over there to get something made in the US. If I were in the US I would never buy scope mounts other than BKL ( I have them and have ordered more thru my cousin) or Sportsmatch or those "cheap" Leapers or Hawke scopes..A $78 Leapers scope is being sold here for around $170-180 and yet we still buy them. Sorry for the rant gents. Best regards.

Good points Mr Cross, totally agree  :-*
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

crossliner

Here is my P150/$3.65 powdercoat job..It was flat black at 1st ( my decision ) but I told them I don't like it too much so they changed it and charged me extra so from P100/$2.43 it became $3.65..I gave the gunner P100 tip and it made him very happy. Told him some folks in the US get theirs for $30-$50/grip (?) and he kinda looked like this  :o..Also told him that even at $20-30 I would still find it reasonable and would willingly pay for it..No matter how goodlooking the gun is it's still so so if the grips ain't done right imho but it's just me.

..casting marks? There are none.. I like it coz the coat is thick and luxurious..

droid

Very nice Mr Cross, I for one would gladly pay that for a grip frame like that  :-*
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

crossliner