Trigger shoe Q

Started by woody67, October 21, 2012, 03:07:14 PM

woody67

Im Ordering from ccs tomorrow...just wanted to know if the trigger shoe for the 22xx will fit on a p-rod trigger...

Thanks

Cowray

woody67

matty

I have seen the term several times here but...what's a "p-rod".

Colt25

Quote from: matty on October 21, 2012, 07:26:35 PM
I have seen the term several times here but...what's a "p-rod".

M-rod = Benjamin Marauder rifle
p-rpd = Benjamin Marauder pistol
disco= Benjamin Discovery

matty

^^ thanks and wow - those are some nice guns.

woody67

Quote from: matty on October 21, 2012, 10:48:33 PM
^^ thanks and wow - those are some nice guns.

And it is amazing how many different things you can do with them...

pirouge

I've used them and don't really like them, they look nice though. I've tweaked my trigger on my modified  2240 to where I have a true light 2 stage trigger for bench shooting and the shoe makes it feel to heavy, but to each their own

woody67

I want one because, like other people have said, the grip is a little too small/narrow for my hand. When I put my hand on it, my entire finger can hook the trigger. I don't have large hands. Just grabbed my ruler: 7.5" from bottom of palm to top of middle finger, 9.5" from end of thumb to end of pinky with hand stretched out.

but when I'm out shooting I never really find a comfortable way to rest my finger on the trigger. It's always a different way each shot. Sometimes I'll use the tip of my finger, sometimes I hook it and gently squeeze. I'm hoping a trigger shoe will give me a comfortable way to consistently hold the trigger.

Anyone else experience this? And does the trigger shoe help? I agree with what you said Pirogue...although I've never used one, to me they look bulky and heavy, but it's a hell of a lot easier than trying to make my grip frame larger!

Fronzdan

I use the trigger shoes from Bryan and Associates and they fit on the prod trigger as well.

chongman

Trigger shoes really do help. They aid in finger placement and also have an effect on how the trigger feels when it lets off. For proper trigger release you should be using the pad of your index finger all of the time.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

matty

I got mine from Bryan and Associates and really like it.

woody67

How many of tou measured your hands after reading this?