What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Fronzdan

Inspired by the what's in your UPS truck thread....here's another question...

What work did you just do to one or your Crosmans?

Last night I pulled apart one of my 1377's, extended the sear slot on the tube with a Dremel, polished the inside, installed a Mellon solid hammer, mounted a prod trigger frame to it, swapped in a Cothran SS safety from the old frame.

Today I'm going to "bedliner" some plastic grips and see what I can do to make em stop shifting on a frame.

YSYEO

Resealed my 1400, and tore down the 160 and 150 so I could send the valve stems off to Precision Pellet and get back a pair of seal kits with rebuilt stems. 

I also touched up the scratches and gouges on a Crosman S331 peep with Aluminum Black from Birchwood Casey.

BigErn

Finished the rear sight on the AIR17 and changed the plastic rear sling mount to a metal one like the front. I also moved the cheek rest back a bit. Now I just need to test it and see if the adjustments I made worked.

ped

after swapping the 2260 to hpa found i'd lost 100fps so a valve tune(reduced threads light spring cut off piercing pin 20 degree angle on exhaust port bored out back of valve) i was going to put the boring bar on and bore out the valve body but couldn't find it. drilled out the barrel port to 4mm then found i'd gone a bit hot power wise so had to cut hammer spring down by a third then fit guide and an m4 nut as a shim
now consistently doing 580 with a nice light cocking action
triggers the next job
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

1377x

i reworked my trigger yesterday added a wide brass plate to it like the mellon wide triggers a couple of other peers did it too. only i did it with a pot metal trigger and brass wide blade ;)
put the trigger frame together with the sear chongman sent me ,gotta assemble today gave the jbweld time to cure no solder in my mod
mounted a scope and orion camera mount to my Oogie Boogie build will get pics up today after i sight it in and make a video
going to finish putting the custom 2300 togther
closed mouths dont get fed

Motorhead

Modified a 1377 steel breech kit fitting it onto my SSP-250.
Also reworked the Regal NP barrel to fit new breech.
Transfer hole and barrel lead mods etc ...
installed lighter sear spring and made a Delrin spring guide also serving as an over travel stop for trigger pull.

Sweeeeet !
2 M-Rods .22 & .177 Reg
Air Arms TX200 MkIII .177
RWS / Diana-75 HV TO-1  .177 
Diana 100 SSP .177
FWB-124D .177 
HW 35  .177
RAW TM-1000 .177 .20 .22
WAR WarP .177 .25
Taipan Mutant .22
Sheridan Blue streak .20
BSA Scorpion .177 Reg
BAM 50 Custom .25 Reg
Hatsan AT44 .22 Reg
Shoebox / Alpha 90 4.5K & CF tanks

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on October 27, 2012, 07:48:57 PM
i reworked my trigger yesterday added a wide brass plate to it like the mellon wide triggers a couple of other peers did it too. only i did it with a pot metal trigger and brass wide blade ;)
put the trigger frame together with the sear chongman sent me ,gotta assemble today gave the jbweld time to cure no solder in my mod
mounted a scope and orion camera mount to my Oogie Boogie build will get pics up today after i sight it in and make a video
going to finish putting the custom 2300 togther

That sounds cool. Can't wait to see pics/video.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

ki0cn

I just installed a crosman steel breech and the barrel off my 1377 on one of my 2240's to convert it to .177. My 1377 is waiting for me to get the transfer port drilled and barrel leade cut in the new barrel so I used the breech on the 2240 now I need to get another .177 bolt for the 1377.
Randy

arkmaker †

Just finished my 1st stippling attempt and also sanded off my 1st attempt. Harder to have it come out looking good than I thought it would be. Looks like my Outdoorsman stock goes without! But it was worth the try. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

Just before that, I just finished rebuilding an old and neglected Model 150. That actually came out fairly nice with the exception of the tube, which is still awaiting another blue job.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Davio

I put an offset dovetail-to-Weaver rail on the Black Widow, then installed the rings to and mounted the Barska 2 x 20 I just received from breakfastchef.  In perfect condition, by the way.  I can tell he takes care of his stuff.

Nice little rig.   :)   I can't wait to get it dialed in.
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

targettgii

Recrowned the barrel on my 1377 and swapped out the scope.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

breakfastchef

Experimented with the taco hold after installing a compact BugBuster 3-9 scope on my Crosman Mark II. Not my cup of tea, so I put the Tru-Glo red dot back on.

Running tests with the Pro-Top on the 22xx valve. Awaiting a parts order from Crosman for additional planned tests.

Refinished the RBGrips walnut pump arm on my 1377 carbine accented with TBL and a couple of BBs.

Reworked the Sheridan E (.20) trigger group.
Larry

jSan22

quite a bit of stuff.
filed the fiber optic sight a bit.
installed a light trigger spring.
painted the stock olive.

mudduck48

Nothing. I'm waiting for my LPA MIM sight. Then I'm going to tear it apart and do the dog. 1322 BIG DOG.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

johnhl

Wow! You guys have been busy! Just this past week, on my 1377, I did a poor person's trigger tune: lube and lighten. I then installed a NcStar 2.5X30 pistol scope on NcStar 1" see-thru high 3/8" dovetail rings sitting on Crosman 459 intermounts. Great scope so far. Big, clear picture, easy to zero, no lag. I see what you guys mean when you speak of the barrel not being tight in the breech and front sight/barrel band/pump tube end plug. There is a little movement if I push on it. Probably not suitable for precision target work or rugged enough for hunting but I only plink (actually "thunk" 'cause I like shooting empty plastic pop bottles). I tried a lighter 4X20 rimfire scope but the eye relief was too short and holding the pistol that close to my face was awkward although the fore end helped some.