Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

KevinP

Quote from: BDS on April 23, 2014, 01:45:19 PM
Nice Baz... does the missus know that her sofa is in "harms way"  ??? :D ;D

:) :D ;D
Kevin
Albany, New York

Bazmati2020

Hanha, I'm safe it's my sofa in my little office. 
When she's not in the house I can go into the hallway and shoot into it for a bit more distance  :-*

rws_53

Quote from: KevinP on April 22, 2014, 10:14:55 AM
Looking good   :-*   how is it shooting ?

I'm happy with the gun.

10 shots at 68°F
Crosman Premier Domed 14.3 gr
342 fps average
12 fps extreme spread
4 fps standard deviation

Test firing at 5 meters 2 handed unsupported

http://youtu.be/70tZcDRyFt0

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

breakfastchef

Quote from: AS13 on April 09, 2014, 03:31:09 PMSo I picked up a GPS (spring) trigger pull gauge from Amazon. I had no base numbers on the 2240 or 2400, since I had already done the mods prior to getting the gauge.
http://www.goutdoorsproducts.com/products/firearm-trigger-scale/

A shout out to AS 13 for recommending the GPS Outdoors trigger gauge. I received mine this week and tested all my airguns. It came in particularly useful when trimming trigger group springs in the Daisy Avanti 853 on a quest to get it to break at 1.5 lb. I apparently favor light triggers.

Larry

ped

made a couple of brass safety's and a new front valve section that seals past the roll stamp and serial no stamp on a 2260,this is so i can hpa it safely
pics later as i'm still pressure testing it at present
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BDS

Quote from: Bazmati2020 on April 23, 2014, 01:01:23 PM
The wonderful Lawrie Amatruda did a service and reseal of my 600 and she is now running better than ever (and no more locking issue either).
I've reinstalled my longer barrel so I can fit my pickle and here she is on video phutt phutt

http://qik.ly/Lkgbk

Baz... sorry but, "whats" a "Lawrie Amatruda"???

I would understand Lorrie Intruder  :D  ;D but Lawrie?
Brian

breakfastchef

Quote from: BDS on April 29, 2014, 09:22:16 PM
Baz... sorry but, "whats" a "Lawrie Amatruda"???

I would understand Lorrie Intruder  :D  ;D but Lawrie?

It's a UK thing. Amatruda is known to do very good work on CO2 and SSP guns.
Larry

brz-ryder †

Got my new to me AS2250xt in today wasn`t happy the bolt was stuck wouldn`t move so a teardown was in order found out the last person to work on the gun didn`t know how to instal the breech after tearing it down and putting it back together all is now fine using a 12g to 88g adapter i put a 12g CO2 in the gun and checked for leaks and was lucky no leaks now have to get shooting it  pics later when i can get a nice day to take them

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Bazmati2020

Quote from: breakfastchef on April 29, 2014, 10:35:37 PM

It's a UK thing. Amatruda is known to do very good work on CO2 and SSP guns.

Sorry yes Lawrie knows the 600 inside out and sorted mine which had issues.  Also kindly showed me some of his 600, fantastic Nickle version and 2 rifles as well  :-* :-\

bgmcgee

I had a bright idea and cut 3" off my 2260 barrel. Looks a little better especially with the ldc on the end. Now I need to break out the chrony and see if it did anything to velocity.  ???. Seems to shoot as good as before so I guess I did okay on the crown. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

akula8608

Quote from: bgmcgee on May 04, 2014, 12:00:06 AM
I had a bright idea and cut 3" off my 2260 barrel. Looks a little better especially with the ldc on the end. Now I need to break out the chrony and see if it did anything to velocity.  ???. Seems to shoot as good as before so I guess I did okay on the crown. :-*

You shouldn't have lost anymore than 30 fps.
U.S. Navy Submarine Force 1986-2008

Tater

Quote from: bgmcgee on May 04, 2014, 12:00:06 AM

Glad it still shoots good. Ruining accuracy scares me when thinking about cutting a barrel.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

bgmcgee

I figured what the heck the barrels are pretty cheap from Crosman.  I checked it over the chrony and didn't lose any velocity and all pellets went into the same hole. I'm happy.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Redleg

I have almost finished modifying an old camera tri-pod for airgun use.  Did some testing today and it shows some promise.  Folds up, light weight and adjustable.
Crosman 3576, , C1377, C2400kt, IZH-60, Beeman P17,31 Crosman Vigilante, Tanfoglio Limited, Tanfoglio Gold