What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

ped

that is impresive thats some pressure he's running at (if i read his figures right) certainly not a standard xs 78 tube as the're made of chocolate
shame we can't have them easily as i'd certainly have ago at one of those
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

1377x

Quote from: ped on October 30, 2012, 07:08:34 PM
that is impresive thats some pressure he's running at (if i read his figures right) certainly not a standard xs 78 tube as the're made of chocolate
shame we can't have them easily as i'd certainly have ago at one of those
ped
i thought it looked kinda long for a standard tube maybe an extention ???
closed mouths dont get fed

Motorhead

Current project over the weekend was to loose some barrel length off the .22 M-rod making rifle more woods friendly without losing the known attributes of the factory set up .... think think think   ???
Figured actually cutting barrel shorter than it's already stubby 20 length WAS NOT going to be an option .... So next best thing was getting onto the Lathe & Milling machine and re-engineer some stuff.
Delrin is GREAT stuff to work with, so went about building some substitute parts that would allow going to a bigger 1" diameter tube with a shorter length than OEM tube.
Ended up 4" shorter than factory set up in the process ... Sweet !!

Gaining the added separation distance required going from factory 7/8" O.D. to 1" O.D. Tube required an @ .080" breech riser.  This made from a thin wall section of aluminum tubing with the required mount holes, transfer tube and cocking lug slots all machined into place.

WALA .... Shorter ... fatter with being equally effecient as OEM.

M-rods getting more Carbine sized becoming a better woods rifle with every tweak.
2 M-Rods .22 & .177 Reg
Air Arms TX200 MkIII .177
RWS / Diana-75 HV TO-1  .177 
Diana 100 SSP .177
FWB-124D .177 
HW 35  .177
RAW TM-1000 .177 .20 .22
WAR WarP .177 .25
Taipan Mutant .22
Sheridan Blue streak .20
BSA Scorpion .177 Reg
BAM 50 Custom .25 Reg
Hatsan AT44 .22 Reg
Shoebox / Alpha 90 4.5K & CF tanks

Gapmaster

Put a new piston spring, breech seal, lube tune and added a few washers to the spring guide for a little something extra on my Quest 1000. That spring tar settled that thing right down. :) Gapmaster  ;)

1377x

made a stock plastic breech into a left hand plastic breech :-*

Davio

I just unboxed the benchtop sized powdercoating oven and put it... on a benchtop.  ;) 

I also took apart an older trigger frame (the only two screw version I own and have ever held in my hand) that has a dull brass (and very uncomfortable) trigger on it.  I determined that what is so uncomfortable to my finger is that the last bit of trigger feels like a pressure point.  Only way it felt half ass was if I let the trigger fall into the crease between the end and second joint of my finger.  That ain't no way to pull a trigger! I believe I'll take care of that and the dullness before it's over. 

It also has the most perfectly uniform casting line all the way around!  ;) That will go, too... but not tonight.  I put one wee nylon washer on one side of the sear "axle" to get rid of about that much side to side play. I compressed the spring in my vice for a few hours to take about 1/2 a turn worth of memory out of it (much better).  The spring now BARELY compresses when at rest between the frame catch and the bottom of the sear. The pull is much lighter and there is very little radial slop in the trigger or the sear.  I checked the contact points of the sear and the trigger and saw where a previous owner had already polished and smoothed them.

Why all the fuss? This one will be powder-coated, so I had to make sure it will be righteous aside from the new finish.  It will be fine.  :)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

KevinP

Installed a new trigger, safety and barrel band  from DC on my 2240 .... sweet stuff !!!!  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

droid

Stripped a brand new custom shop 2300 so I could have the engraved main tube on my 2540 gun  :-*

Now I have a spare 2240 to play with.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

cmj21973

Built a workbench for my lathe and mill.
Degreased, oiled and mounted mini mill.
Recut the knurl of a Crosman 600 tube cap and reblued it.

Crosshairs

I been trying to paint a few items but its been so damp I don't want to chance it. Plus sandy realy hit Freeport hard.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

nice set up cmj!
you know my long list order is going to be on its way soon ;) ;D ;D
what did i hear??? manual milled custom aluminum grip frame on its way to my door ??? ;) ;D ;D
cant wait to get a set up like that.i was talking about guns with a friend that just moved back,he said he's going to go to the army so he can learn small arms repair,he wants to repair all small arms.while i'm at the store today hopefully the technical college is right around the corner ,im going to go see when machining classes start again.i want to learn cnc and manual they teach both and its a quick degree/certificate

bodger

Motorhead

Light weight - high velocity Hammer for the Regulated M-Rod.
OEM hammer = 72g
Billet hammer 37g

Worked great flinging .22 JSB 18.1's at @840 first chony shots ... Less burbing with a quieter shot from less wasted air  :D
2 M-Rods .22 & .177 Reg
Air Arms TX200 MkIII .177
RWS / Diana-75 HV TO-1  .177 
Diana 100 SSP .177
FWB-124D .177 
HW 35  .177
RAW TM-1000 .177 .20 .22
WAR WarP .177 .25
Taipan Mutant .22
Sheridan Blue streak .20
BSA Scorpion .177 Reg
BAM 50 Custom .25 Reg
Hatsan AT44 .22 Reg
Shoebox / Alpha 90 4.5K & CF tanks

YSYEO

Finished cleaning and touching up a Crosman S331 peep sight to go on the 160.

Before, with rust and flaky shellac-like coating:

After cleaning, rebluing steel parts, minimizing scratches in anodized parts with BC Aluminum Black, and addition of NOS aperture:

cmj21973