What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Multigunner

Those white grips really compliment the bright metal parts.

BillK

Ken, as to being Pearl White, I'm the wrong one to ask.  White is white.  Now that I look at them closely under some light there does appear to be a feint pearling to the grips.  Being synthetic I would imagine that the next set would be a bit different.
I had been looking for a "different/unique" set of white grips for a polished 1377 build similar to one Trophyhunter had done a few years ago and these fit the bill.  Now to make a white pump arm.   
I just put them on the 1740 to see how they looked & get used to them.
The SC grips are a bit different from the RB grips or Vernons but they all feel well in hand.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Tater

I like how those white grips look too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Multigunner

Finished up on the 38T I posted about earlier. it was having an indexing problem failing to catch the lifter on one cylinder. I de burred everything and oiled liberally with pellgun oil and it works just fine now.

A trick to remember when working with these guns. if the gun shoots far to one side loosen the set screw on top of the frame and rotate the barrel 90 degree more or less. If the problem is with the barrel itself rotating 90 degrees will make it shoot a little high or a little low instead of far off to one side.

Say the gun shoots far to your right and low. Turn the barrel clockwise , looking from the muzzle, and it then will shoot inline with the sight centered and perhaps a smidgeon higher.

Jappie91

I mounted a new trigger on my 2240. It took some work with a metal file to make it fit.

A while ago I asked Brutuz what kind of pellet trap he uses for the CAPOF targets. He advised me to get a wine case with two compartments, drink the wine and to stuff it with t-shirts. Instead of the t-shirts I used rubber anti-slip mats and foam to catch the pellet. The target slides in between the grooves.
Jasper
NLD

Crosman 2240 (modded)
Benjamin Marauder Pistol

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Rezarf

Jappie, are you getting any ricochets/rebounds off the backing?

KevinP

Nice work... looks to nice to put holes in it !!
Kevin
Albany, New York

mudduck48

oops. wrong spot.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.