What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

mudduck48

Quote from: 1377x on February 28, 2013, 09:38:01 PM
forgot the phase 2 piston has a spot for an oil wiper!! :-*
i think you can get one that woeks at lowes
search oil wiper from the index page it will pop up or you can buy a roll of felt pretty cheap
Thanks for the tip. I thought that I would us the 1377 piston in my 1322 because it looked stronger to me.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

ped

decided to see what a steel breech would like on my 2250 with a cocoran stock (been leaving this build till my tko triggers come and i get a gmac brass breech)big mistake managed to strip the head of the 4-48 using a .050 ball driver instead of my trusty allen key
infact its been one of those days got a phone call that somebody was helping their selfs to some of my logs ,lost a bar nut of one of the chainsaws, didn't put the oil cap on properly and got oil down my chain pants and then the chainbrake spring came off(all on the same saw)
so thats it i'm having a few beers and leaving the breech screw for another day
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Brent

Quote from: chongman on February 28, 2013, 06:30:31 PM
Nice crown work ED, very nice  :-*

Barrel bands don't have to be boring, a slab of pot metal just hanging on the front of your pistol...

"Mako Shark"

Now to flip it around and do the other side  :D

I really like that. So does this mean you are moving on to barrel bands now?  ;) :)

Brent

Quote from: mudduck48 on February 28, 2013, 06:54:30 PM
Finialy got  my 1322 back together. New, steel breech, ss extended bolt, blue fork barrel band, brass valve and piston out of a phaze 2 1377, grip frame from same 1377, washer inbetween halves of pump body to take up the slop, cut down another ss 4-48 breech screw, cut off rear breech screw and LPA MIM  rear sight.

NICE combination!! Let us know how it shoots.

chongman

Quote from: Brent on March 01, 2013, 12:56:42 AM
I really like that. So does this mean you are moving on to barrel bands now?  ;) :)

No sir, just a little hand tool practice for a couple of days  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

mudduck48

Quote from: Brent on March 01, 2013, 12:58:44 AM
NICE combination!! Let us know how it shoots.
It shoots great. but the LPA MIM sight is not right for the 14.5" barrel. It passed the tissue test. all of the air is going out the barrel. just need a different sight.

JEBert

Quotemanaged to strip the head of the 4-48 using a .050 ball driver instead of my trusty allen key
Always use the short end to tighten and loosen things.  Use the ball end only to spin the screw in or out.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

crossliner

Quote from: mudduck48 on February 28, 2013, 06:54:30 PM
Finialy got  my 1322 back together. New, steel breech, ss extended bolt, blue fork barrel band, brass valve and piston out of a phaze 2 1377, grip frame from same 1377, washer inbetween halves of pump body to take up the slop, cut down another ss 4-48 breech screw, cut off rear breech screw and LPA MIM  rear sight.

Hi Mr. Mud..Is the lower portion of the BF band's anodized finish now starting to get scuffed from the constant pump lever to band contact?...Or does it ever make contact? Kindly clarify. Thanks and best regards.

mudduck48

Quote from: crossliner on March 01, 2013, 03:32:46 AM
Hi Mr. Mud..Is the lower portion of the BF band's anodized finish now starting to get scuffed from the constant pump lever to band contact?...Or does it ever make contact? Kindly clarify. Thanks and best regards.
Don't know. I have only shot this new build about 5 times. My rear sight is fubar. I'll look tomarrow to see, but like I said, I have only shot it about 5 times.

crossliner

ped

Quote from: JEBert on March 01, 2013, 03:03:55 AM
Always use the short end to tighten and loosen things.  Use the ball end only to spin the screw in or out.
Cheers,
was being lazy my normal set of allen keys were upstairs instead of getting them i used the ball end set that was on the table next to me ,won't be using them again it the small sizes
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Rex Havoc

Quote from: ped on March 01, 2013, 09:13:43 AM
was being lazy my normal set of allen keys were upstairs instead of getting them i used the ball end set that was on the table next to me ,won't be using them again it the small sizes
ped

I don't like the ball end hex tools. I've twisted off a few ends. Ground what's left of the ball shank off and still use the key. My smallest key is actually a Parma slot car wheel/spur gear tool. Large aluminum hex handle with the hex machined from round tool steel stock. Very tough.

targettgii

Put a TKO break and a chongman bolt on my 2240.

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Brent

targettgii

Thanks Brent crappy cellphone pics going to post more from my camera soon.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T