What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

chongman

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on November 13, 2012, 01:48:41 AM
:( No work for Me today ,been in bed almost all day! Back went out last nite.  Guy all this work ya'll have done in the last day or two looks just GREAT. Nice job to all :-*

Rest up brother  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Trophyhunter49

1377x

dont push it! i know the feeling
closed mouths dont get fed

cmj21973

Quote from: 1377x on November 12, 2012, 09:56:40 PM
you and i both!!

nice job bigern!
great looking torch crossliner no vampire is safe as long as you have that handy at night ;) ;D :o

It is the o-ring from a disposable; flame adjustable lighter.
It's the o-ring on the left of both pictures.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,721.msg57372.html#msg57372

The brass sleeve
Made similiar to these, except that the bottom o-ring is not need because the sleeve sits in a counterbored pocket. When the poly tube is slid over the sleeve it's width increases over the 1/4" limit and won't fit into the valve port. The poly tube is slid onto 3/16" rod which is chucked into the lathe. I then turn down the poly unto it measures a 1/4" .250; pull it of the lathe holder an insert the sleeve.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,7185.msg78006.html#msg78006

1377x

Quote from: cmj21973 on November 13, 2012, 07:14:18 AM
It is the o-ring from a disposable; flame adjustable lighter.
It's the o-ring on the left of both pictures.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,721.msg57372.html#msg57372

The brass sleeve
whats the id of that set up
i might need a couple.i have the disposable lighter o-rings

cmj21973

A 5/64" .15625 drill bit fit inside. Caliper reads .157 (manual).

1377x

Quote from: cmj21973 on November 13, 2012, 07:32:31 AM
A 5/64" .15625 drill bit fit inside. Caliper reads .157 (manual).
well thats pretty good sized
i usually use a .161 transfer port but 5/32(.157) would do.i think i need somethinh like that with my Oogie Boogie build.my .25 build has a huge exhaust port .190 in the disco valve
my ports flow as followed exhaust .157, transfer port .161 and barrel .166 its a tapered system.i think its supposed to reduce turbulance something like that ???
something like ep .157, tp .170, bp .157 iirc causes turbulance and that affects performance ???
i also angle my ep at 20* supposed to be optimal when using hpa

cmj21973

I enlarged the valve port to 5/32" and counterbored it to 3/16" x 0.050 deep.
I decided to angle the port shoulder, by hand with a half round needle file, at the steepest angled possible without hitting the backside of the valve port.

When I get a chrony, parts and seal kits first, I'll have to compare a stock valve to a modded one to see what increases I'm getting.

1377x

you still dont have a chrony
for some reason i thought you did
oh well the splatter test works too
i came up with the 2 liter bottle test at 15ft. guys said their guns shooting over 700fps in .177 would pass right through a 2 liter bottle capped and filled with water.i didnt stop modding until my gun completely shot a pellet through a capped 2 liter water filled bottle at 15ft and made it do a backflip using .22
as heavy as a capped filled 2 liter is and the 16gr pellet is making this bottle flip like that it has to be putting out some power.nutters dont weigh anywhere near that or as round so i know they wouldnt stand a chance

crossliner

BigErn

Put on the bedlined pump arm and grips on my new 1322 and changed the stock brass bolt to a black Crosman bolt I had laying around for now. Shot it yesterday and I very pleased with the gun so far  :-\

Trophyhunter49

:) :) Finshed zeroing the Pheonix today  :) :)

rangerfredbob

All the nastyness of being 10 years old was bugging me on my recently acquired 1377, so I polished the stock brass bolt and trigger, looks MUCH better... also buffed the sear while I was there (didn't smooth the stamping marks off, but it's still smoother than it was)

Having the dremel like thing out buffing on the thing was making me want to polish the grip frame... then I looked at the clock and realized it was 11pm...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

BigErn

This morning I installed my Crosman steel breech, polished the end cap, polished the bolt handle, mounted a silver dovetail to weaver adapter, and mounted my Crosman red dot sight on the 1322. I can't wait for the rest of the parts to come in!

DaveC

Started working on an extended scope shroud. I have a Leopould Mark 4 M1  6-24x60 scope and I wanted the extended sun shroud. Couldn't find one that size but one of my hobbies is rocketry. I got to looking at a BT 80 sized tube..it looked pretty close. Well, it didn't fit on the outside like I was hopeing but id did fit inside the slant-cut shrouding provided on the scope :) Piece is 9" long and should work well. Started working on it by toughening the ends by soaking them with CA(super glue). Primered with Rustoleum red primer. Too crappy outside to paint on the flat black but it's supposed to be nice tomorrow and I'll get it done.

And as much as I'm going to hate it  I'm going to try photos. I've like only managed to get one to ever post and it was blurry as all get out. I was a staff photog in HS and the results dismayed me  :P