What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

JEBert

Quotei think the heat has something to do with the blue sticking
It must have because the heat is the only thing you did differently than I did.  I just didn't use any heat as there was absolutely no mention if heat in the directions on the bottle.  I may have to try it again using the heat gun.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

breakfastchef

Quote from: JEBert on November 29, 2012, 09:26:02 PM
Ed,
Nevermind.  I see in another thread you used the same product I did.
Cheers,

I have a bottle of Van's Instant Blue en route. I will try to blue one of my Crosman pistol and report in a serperate thread. I understand adding heat from a hair dryer or heat gun can help the blue work it's magic a bit better.

Birchwood Casey and Blue Wonder products provided mediocre results.
Larry

1377x

the bc blue i used i had around for a few years i am surprised it even worked
but i looked at my barrel today wiped the oil off still the bluing stuck :-*
it has a blacker tint today but the blu color can still be seen
i am satisfied with the results it looks a lot better than the faded bluing from crosman
i took pics dont know how good they are cant take any more because the barrel is enroute to the new owner.i'll post the pics when i get them uploaded.this is my first real attempt at cold bluing where i actually followed the instructions and added my own from info i found on the web
with just a few coats its a grey see through color you can still see the metal through the bluing.someone did a cold bluing job not long ago and stated they could still through the blue it faded or something.
cant say how long the bc blue lasts because i no longer have the barrel.once i saw it wanst coming off that was good enough for me and the buyer knows the same thing.should have made a video instead now that i think about it
closed mouths dont get fed

crossliner

Had my 2 grip frames, bb and other aluminum items bead blasted by 1 of my friends for a free lunch.. The 3rd one and his accompanying barrel band being in Manila for copying via cnc..Dang the guy to do it is still in Europe but he will be here before X'mas I can wait  >:(....Btw I have already delivered my babies to the new powder coating co. located 5 minutes away from my place  :D Finally because the other co. refuses to accept even airgun parts  :-X..Very cheap for around $5.00  ???

I think w/ this finish even a not so good paint will adhere well. This is so much better than sanding imho. Best regards.

droid

Quote from: crossliner on November 30, 2012, 11:46:50 AM
Had my 2 grip frames, bb and other aluminum items bead blasted by 1 of my friends for a free lunch.. The 3rd one and his accompanying barrel band being in Manila for copying via cnc..Dang the guy to do it is still in Europe but he will be here before X'mas I can wait  >:(....Btw I have already delivered my babies to the new powder coating co. located 5 minutes away from my place  :D Finally because the other co. refuses to accept even airgun parts  :-X..Very cheap for around $5.00  ???

I think w/ this finish even a not so good paint will adhere well. This is so much better than sanding imho. Best regards.

Very very nice, sure beats sanding the grip frames down.

I may go down that route myself.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

crossliner

Indeed Mr. Droid. My grips/bbs were painted by a pro airbrush artist and they were nice to look at but not durable so I had them blasted clean. Best regards.

bgmcgee

Finally might be done with the 1377. Lots of money in a 60 dollar pistol. Fun though and she shoots pretty good :-* As far as work today I added a mellon air flat top piston , ported valve , solid hammer, 1701 grip frame with 2 stage trigger,sweet, aluminum tube and breech plug and the grips I got on the for sale page here from airgungrips.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

arkmaker †

60 dollar pistol? Where? I'll buy it!!! I don't believe there is such a thing as a 60 dollar Crosman pistol!!  ;D

Seriously, nice work on the 1377  :-* :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

targettgii

They start out at that price  ;) but never stay there for long ;D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

bgmcgee

Man ain't that the truth. Actually I bought it on Craigslist for 20 bucks. Now all I need is to talk Rich at airgrips into making me a burl pump handle to match the grips.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

chongman

Quote from: bgmcgee on December 01, 2012, 03:17:27 AM
Man ain't that the truth. Actually I bought it on Craigslist for 20 bucks. Now all I need is to talk Rich at airgrips into making me a burl pump handle to match the grips.

Very nice. Look forward to seeing it again with the burl walnut pump handle :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

heres some pics of the barrel i cold blued the other day i think its called birchwood casey if its not its close to it i know the casey is right
not an easy task working with cold blue

its the best i could do the barrel is gone so i cant take any better more pics
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

From the pics it looks really good  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Fronzdan

Did that start out down to bare metal?  Wow that came out great!