What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

1377x

i started making a wood stock when my saw took a dump.gota go to the store and get a new one or borrow one from a friend
closed mouths dont get fed

crossliner

Quote from: crossliner on November 30, 2012, 11:46:50 AM
Had my 2 grip frames, bb and other aluminum items bead blasted by 1 of my friends for a free lunch.. The 3rd one and his accompanying barrel band being in Manila for copying via cnc..Dang the guy to do it is still in Europe but he will be here before X'mas I can wait  >:(....Btw I have already delivered my babies to the new powder coating co. located 5 minutes away from my place  :D Finally because the other co. refuses to accept even airgun parts  :-X..Very cheap for around $5.00  ???

I think w/ this finish even a not so good paint will adhere well. This is so much better than sanding imho. Best regards.

Here they are post powder coat..I paid $4.76 for the 2 grips, bb and some flashlight items ain't that cheap? Because the items were bead blasted the finish is somewhat spartan in appearance but I tested its toughness by hammering its inside portion and yes it's very tough indeed. Best regards.

BigErn

Quote from: crossliner on December 06, 2012, 12:37:18 AM
Quote from: crossliner on November 30, 2012, 11:46:50 AM
Had my 2 grip frames, bb and other aluminum items bead blasted by 1 of my friends for a free lunch.. The 3rd one and his accompanying barrel band being in Manila for copying via cnc..Dang the guy to do it is still in Europe but he will be here before X'mas I can wait  >:(....Btw I have already delivered my babies to the new powder coating co. located 5 minutes away from my place  :D Finally because the other co. refuses to accept even airgun parts  :-X..Very cheap for around $5.00  ???

I think w/ this finish even a not so good paint will adhere well. This is so much better than sanding imho. Best regards.

Here they are post powder coat..I paid $4.76 for the 2 grips, bb and some flashlight items ain't that cheap? Because the items were bead blasted the finish is somewhat spartan in appearance but I tested its toughness by hammering its inside portion and yes it's very tough indeed. Best regards.

Looks great and yes much easier than sanding good job!!  :-*

chongman

I think it looks great too. Sorta like a "hammered finish" ( I think there's a paint for that).
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

chronied my dc2260pcp beast
started cutting a stock
re-sealed my Oogie Boogie.found out the o-rings should have never been damaged in the first place.they were damaged because of operator error
who let this guy work on these guns anyhow :P ;D ;D
my nephew said why do you keep doing it that way ???,you keep messing up.try it this way
oh glad i thought of it i told him ;D ;D

crossliner

Thanks gents and yes the powder coating looks a bit wrinkly in appearance..I opted for the semi matte finish and this is what came out. Had I sanded it it would look smoother but the bead blasting process makes the paint adhere much better. Best regards.

BigErn

Polished the trigger on the 2240, changed the grips, put a black trigger shoe, and free floated the barrel  :)

1377x

Quote from: BigErn on December 06, 2012, 05:29:56 PM
Polished the trigger on the 2240, changed the grips, put a black trigger shoe, and free floated the barrel  :)

wow that looks good!
you should get a 2300 tube get rid of that roll stamping .the gun looks to good to see that

chongman

Very cool, and a nice picture  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

JEBert

QuoteVery cool, and a nice picture  :-*
ditto!
Except for not being able to see the business end.  Probably because he doesn't have a .17 cal light to light up the bore like in the popular gun magazines.  That would make a fancy pic.  Where can you get one of those?  Maybe a SMALL LED and VERY small battery?  Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

BDS

Quote from: JEBert on December 06, 2012, 07:18:48 PM
ditto!
Except for not being able to see the business end.  Probably because he doesn't have a .17 cal light to light up the bore like in the popular gun magazines.  That would make a fancy pic.  Where can you get one of those?  Maybe a SMALL LED and VERY small battery?  Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers,

It's just fiber optic tube
Brian

BDS

Quote from: BigErn on December 06, 2012, 05:29:56 PM

Well done Ern, are those your "sanded" grips or Benji grips?
Brian

BigErn

Quote from: 1377x
wow that looks good!
you should get a 2300 tube get rid of that roll stamping .the gun looks to good to see that

Good idea Ed! Is the 2300 tube longer and do you need a different end cap?

BigErn

Quote from: BDS = date=1354818574
Well done Ern, are those your "sanded" grips or Benji grips?

Those are the sanded ones B. I ran out of TBL so I couldn't finish the second set. The other set is on the 1322 now along with the backpacker pump arm.

BDS

Brian